[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[!!!] Homing skills not working after maintenance

MinishDudeMinishDude
Reactions: 1,020
edited December 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill

Brief bug summary: Skills that report things such as "There are no available targets" or other homing skills will not work even if there are available targets. Effectively any skills that requires "available targets" will not actually work (i.e. homing skills). This started after the 12/20 unscheduled maintenance.

Steps to reproduce:
Use any of the following skills
* Trifling Wind
*Carte Noir
*Ace in the Hole - this is easiest to reproduce since it isn't chance-based
*Cannon weapon in "[Glory] Basic Mission: Clash on the Waves"

Character name: Phántorn / PicoriDude

Character level: 222 / 204

Character job: Phantom / Wind Archer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Friday 12/20/2019 at 4PM EST

Comments

• MinishDudeMinishDude
    edited December 2019
    Bug type: Skill

Summary: When toggled on, the Trifling Wind skill is not activating. This is on character that has Trifling Wind III maxed out. I have used both Song of Heaven and Howling Wind, which both usually will trigger the skill, but after several minutes I have yet to be able to get Trifling Wind to work.

Character name: PicoriDude

Character level: 204

Character job: Wind Archer

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 12/20/2019, 4:00 PM EST
  • MinishDudeMinishDude
    edited December 2019
    After entering the"[Glory] Basic Mission: Clash on the Waves" mission and getting the cannon (homing) weapon, I found that doesn't work either.... May be an issue with skills that home in on nearest enemy?

EDIT: Further confirmed by discovery that Carte Noir and Ace in the Hole skills on Phantom do not work either (other skills that target nearby enemies).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    I am not seeing anyone else complain about these or similar skills, so I'm going to ask you to try doing a full shutdown of your computer (https://www.howtogeek.com/129021/how-to-do-a-full-shutdown-in-windows-8-without-disabling-hybrid-boot/ - this works for Windows 10 as well. For Windows 7, just do a restart) and see if the problem persists.
    MinishDude
  • MinishDudeMinishDude
    edited December 2019
    Okay, I guess a shutdown fixed it.... weird that it affected all those skills though.

Alright, guess the thread is resolved. Thank you very much!