[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to participate in title and chair events.

InvulgoInvulgo
Reactions: 4,620
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Full Title: Unable to participate in title and chair events on my main.

[Disclaimer] I am sharing my thoughts and views regarding this topic. I am not trying to force my user behavior on other people. This is purely from my perspective, I understand that not everyone is into collecting and hoarding. Okay let’s get into it.

In August 2015 I made a thread titled “Thoughts about chairs and inventory space for well established characters”. Since then no progress has been made.

At the time I wrote
I have all 96 set-up slots unlocked on my main character, 67 chairs are untradable including 12 slot chair bag. 29 chairs can be moved within the account or traded fully. I'm worried that if I still play my main I will eventually run out of space to participate in events that bring chairs.
This is what has happened now. I am completely unable to participate in the Music Festival due to not having any space in the Setup Tab without dropping something. Is that what we should be “forced” to do? Why participate in events that give out cool chairs and titles if we can’t keep them? I do honestly question if we should be able to keep everything due to being a collector! Then again I don’t really see the point of obtaining chairs and titles if they are to be dropped when there isn’t any space left. This makes me feel unmotivated to participate in events, but I really really really want to do them! In a way it actually makes me feel that my main character has expired because it’s completely full and can’t be utilized fully anymore.

In writing moment this is the situation

Only two chairs can be moved within the account, since I have two slots free this makes my total space at the moment 4 slots! The Music Festival gives out lots of cool titles and chairs, so does the Water Wars Event. This means my main will be locked out of all upcoming events that have chairs and titles, and for a long time I have been unable to purchase cool new chairs from Gachapon due to not having any space for them either. I barely even look at the chair sales anymore, because there isn’t any room for them anyway. I would love to be able to collect some of new chairs, and not just have the whole Setup Tab eaten up by untradeable free to play chairs.

Suggestion: Make all One-of-a-Kind chairs movable within the account. And allow multiple chair bags to be used simultaneously.

Please do something.
AKradianNiightseekerUzumeふかせBIackbeanLilyflower

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I'm right there with you.

In fact, I've already had to stop participating in events on my main, after the Pink Bean Class that gave out all those cute titles. That forced me to move all tradeable chairs off my main, and pretty much suspend it from use.

After V, we might be able to participate in events again, for a few months. And then, unless something is done, we'll have to shut down again.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited September 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

In fact, I've already had to stop participating in events on my main, after the Pink Bean Class that gave out all those cute titles. That forced me to move all tradeable chairs off my main, and pretty much suspend it from use.

After V, we might be able to participate in events again, for a few months. And then, unless something is done, we'll have to shut down again.
    Ah bummer, I don't think that increase will help the people who keep maining the same character for that long. The new item ratio is way higher than the space we have available. I would probably move over the cool chairs I want to have on my main and then run out of space again slowly.

Sometimes I keep thinking that perhaps due to having so many classes in the game people would be encouraged to shift mains by free will. Then this issue wouldn't happen, but some people adore their main more than anything and will most likely never change it.
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Ah bummer, I don't think that increase will help the people who keep maining the same character for that long. The new item ratio is way higher than the space we have available. I would probably move over the cool chairs I want to have on my main and then run out of space again slowly.

Sometimes I keep thinking that perhaps due to having so many classes in the game people would be encouraged to shift mains by free will. Then this issue wouldn't happen, but some people adore their main more than anything and will most likely never change it.
    I've been playing the same main for 8 years, I am not going to switch.
    I've been marking time until a solution is found by basically remaking the same character (same class, similar name and appearance) in Reboot, but its inventory is rapidly filling up as well (especially Equip since no equips can be stored).

I agree that the 32 slots won't last long. Maybe 3 patches.
    I really hope we get some long-lasting solution before I am forced to put my main - and my entire motivation to play - in hibernation again.
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    It's unfortunate that we have to skip out on events with amazing chairs because of the limitation. Getting the untradeable chairs on mules just doesn't feel the same. I already had to watch 2 Star World events (12 chairs) go by simply because my main was out of set-up space. The Music festival event has some nice chairs as well, but I really don't want to drop my untradeables.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    this makes a very valid point. Lots of chairs we gain are from events. More players utilize events rather than doing gatcha, and even if it was from gatcha it was also from event via maple points/ hottime/ or discounted cash shop events. Everything is event - based ! that makes things seem unique and rare ! People want to be unique ! let us stay unique !