[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow more 2h weapons to be slung behind the back

AKradianAKradian
Reactions: 40,310
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Cannoneers and Demon Avengers have their weapons slung on their backs when they are not attacking. The character stands or walks empty-handed, arms loose at its sides.

More compact two-handed weapons, such as claws, knuckles, guns, psi-limiters, arm-cannons, and fans, remain on/in the hand/wrist, but the character stands or walks with arms at their sides, same as the above two.

However, bulkier two-handed weapons are held in front of the body or leaning on a shoulder, hiding much of the character, especially top and head (face/hair/hat/earrings).
Crossbows are the worst offenders, but some warrior two-handed weapons are nearly as bad.
(Odd thing is that two-handed swords have elaborate scabbards that can be seen on the character's back when climbing ropes and ladders - but for some reason are never used while walking or standing idle).

Please make all bulky two-handed weapons rest on our backs when not in use, like cannons and desperados.
NiightseekerIvangoldRollsOpambour

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2016
    I don't know why guns are 2 handed. It is a pistol, not a machine gun, shotgun or sniper rifle. heck, you can juggle 2 and be badass. The paper fan Kanna uses is weird to be called 2 handed.

In terms of crossbows, they could be at a 7 or 4 o clock position so they are pointed at the ground (like how FPS shooters sprint with m16s) when not in used. The 2 handed warrior weapons on the back makes a lot of sense.

• KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited October 2016
    #1 reason I'm put off making an Aran is that the hands will be covering the dress I want my character to wear. I would really like AKradian's suggestion to be implemented, but as an option so the player can to choose how their hands appear in neutral pose for the mentioned weapons: either 1H with the weapon on the back, or the standard 2H pose with the weapon infront. Sometimes I want to hold the weapon (eg 2H sword) infront of my body, other times I want my hands straight down with the weapon out of the way.

I still think 2H poses are relevant for cosmetic effect, particularly if you want cash~ items to be held a certain way. For example, I adore how the gosling cushion looks as a 2H pose, but maplers are limited to select classes for it to be carried like that. So when equipping an nx cover it would be great to select how we get to hold it via a sort of an on/off option.

Also, my zero holds nx weapons weirdly... It would be much appreciated if they were angled more accurately aka functioned like 1H weapons (or lowered in terms of the yoyo) instead of appearing glued to a limb or my body.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    YES PLEASE!!!

I have a drk and I really love using spears, but all this self-hugging is driving me insane. I've even considered switching to polearm so I can anvil it to a snowboard.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Please make all bulky two-handed weapons rest on our backs when not in use, like cannons and desperados.
    Aren't Desperados 1-handed? Because saying Desperados are 2-handed contradicts with Demon's Secondary Weapon, Force Aegis, which looks like a Shield.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    OdysseyTwo

AKradian
    AKradian said:

Aren't Desperados 1-handed? Because saying Desperados are 2-handed contradicts with Demon's Secondary Weapon, Force Aegis, which looks like a Shield.
    Hm. You're right. I didn't even think of that, because the Desperado isn't held like a one-handed sword (or chain sword).
    Well, it's still an example of a weapon slung on the back, even if it is one-handed.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    It would look so cool to put your crossbow in your back, and lately the crossbows are getting more fency and big, i think @Klara idea is good too(if it's even possible), sometimes the xbow look cools and you wanna walk with it in your hands.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited October 2016
    I'm sad this thread didn't get more attention. It's really discouraging to buy nx face/eye accessories when you can't show it off without your face/body being covered by a sword all the time. And it's discouraging when you want to show off your face/eye accessories AND your sword but have to choose one or the other.