[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

There must be more to mihile's storyline than this

AznboiEAznboiE
Reactions: 3,445
edited October 2016 in General Chat
The storyline pauses after Mihile befriends post-Cygnus Knight Leader Irena. What about the other leader-knights? What about finding his father? Did kms just decide to quit half way on possibly the best character development story in the game (tied with Evan and a few others)? This is so frustrating and I want to read more on it.

Comments

• PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    Maple tends to do this, making storylines without resolution and leaving open ends everywhere. I agree it's frustrating.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    it really feels like the mihile class was just shoved into the game so they could have another class, his quest line is definitely lacking.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

it really feels like the mihile class was just shoved into the game so they could have another class, his quest line is definitely lacking.
    It's a shame because Mihile has potential for character development and has one of the most dynamic playstyles in the game via his quicktime guarding that does hella op burst damage while guarding almost every, if not every, attack there is.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

The Mihile class was an April Fool's joke that was rushed out as a real class to divert attention from some scandal or other in KMS.

However, when they completely overhauled its skills, they could have added a bit to the story as well.
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    When Mihile got released, part of me was hoping they'd do one for each chief knight, even though it'd seem like they were just padding the class roster lol. Always did want to learn more about the chief knights' backstories.

There're a bunch of other character storylines they needa continue, too. AB's/Kaisers ends after Magnus (can't remember if there was any more non-generic dialogue after beating him though. was pretty funny receiving AB's autograph as a reward on my AB...). Explorer's ends after *spoiler* the Black Mage attacks Maple Island and the STORY gang vowing revenge or something.

From how Heroes of Maple continued the Heroes' storylines, though, I'd assume these stories will be continued in blockbusters. Which would be pretty cool. Just do it Heroes of Maple style instead of trying to write one-size-fits-none dialogue.