[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Duplicates in CashShop

Comments

• KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    edited October 2016
    We're still looking into this. Sorry about the inconveniences!
    JettLuvsUpommepouffe
  • NeedAssistanceNeedAssistance
    Reactions: 325
    edited October 2016
    pommepouffe

Liable
    Liable said:

[Addendum #2] Credit to my bored and curious friend it seems like the item "duplication" problem exists for CS that have around 250 items. The first few rows of items do not duplicate. The rows vary depending on each CS and the amount of items they have but is probably proportional to the amount of items in the CS.
    Definitely proportional. My friend has near cap items in her CS and it's around 80% that gets duplicated.

Are there any plans for extensions of sales for affected players/ any extension at all? My friend missed out on the cube sales this weekend because of the glitch.
    Bored and curious friend here. The CS duplication occurs after a character's inventory has hit a capacity of 200 items. Every item added thereafter will be duplicated. For instance, if I have 300 items in my Cash inventory, 100 of them will be duplicated, for a total of 400 items. This goes undetected by the gifting system, so you can still gift yourself items until you hit the actual inventory cap. Anybody with a CS capacity over 624 items will be considered to have "maxed" their inventory, and will be unable to purchase items directly.

The duplication issue is only affected by how many items are in your CS inventory. The first 200 items are safe from being duplicated, and if you remove them from your CS, the number of duplicated items will be reduced according to how many you removed. This can occur on any character if you add enough items, even if they were unaffected by the bug before.

I did some experimenting, and removing an item with a duplicate into your inventory, exiting the CS, and re-entering will cause its duplicate to disappear. For those who wish to purchase items directly from the CS, you can remove items from your inventory and trade them to another character until you have less than 624 items. This will alert the system that you do not have a maxed out CS and allow you to buy items. People with fewer than 624 items from the start should be able to buy things from the CS (as tested on my own character, which had its CS items duplicated).

Thus far, that's the only workaround I've figured (other than gifting), so if you're willing to put up with the tediousness, it'll enable you to do something about it until Nexon finds a fix. Also, if any of the information above doesn't correlate with anybody else's problem, it'd be nice to hear so I can re-organize my information. I've fact-checked this information on four different characters, but there could always be exceptions.
    JettLuvsUJustaNerdlingLiablePandaFrostpommepouffe
  • LiableLiable
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2016
    Still an issue post November3 2016 Maintenance.
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    I have been away for the past 2 weeks and this is still not fixed? Lol.
  • こころこころ
    Reactions: 635
    edited November 2016
    Any updates? This should be a high priority.
    CaughtByLove
  • RlorsterRlorster
    Reactions: 630
    edited November 2016
    well hopefully they fix this soon...just waiting now........
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited November 2016
    Fingers crossed this issue is being included in the extended update. :/

Edit:
    Fixed after patch! Hopefully everyone else too?
  • CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited November 2016
    Issue is fixed for me.
  • NeedAssistanceNeedAssistance
    Reactions: 325
    edited November 2016
    Issue's fixed on my end, too.