[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Chairs "disappearing" after re-entering map

KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
Reactions: 2,960
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Visual

Brief bug summary: Chairs are not displaying.

More details:
My own chairs display fine, but not other people's.
I have done a full restart, tried restarting client as well. Nothing has worked so far. Other people seem to experience it as well.

Steps to reproduce:
Have another player sit in a chair (any but the transparent one and some of the new ones+ planet chairs, just use Relaxer I guess)
Enter any other map/farm/cash shop
Return to the map with the player in the chair
The chair is no longer visible

Edit: Now some of the chairs are showing while others are still invisible. I am so confused.
It's definitely related to going in and out of the farm (possibly cash shop as well?) cause I just did it again and the chair that I saw immediately disappeared again.

Edit2: Confirmed. Had a friend sit in a chair, I could see it. I entered farm and exited again. The chair was gone.

Edit3: Seems to be just re-entering the map at all. Went to a different map and came back, chair was gone.

Similar chair display bugs(?):
Heroes of Maple cube chair effect bug
Ticket #171979 regarding the Experiment chair's 3 different effect modes not being visible to other users when sitting on it

Video showcasing the bug:

Showing it does not affect all chairs:

My screenshot POV:

Friend's screenshot POV:

Comments

• KeepComingBackKeepComingBack
    edited October 2016
    Issue remains after maintenance. Everyone's sitting in the air.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Well, that's one solution to the obnoxiously large chairs blocking out entire maps.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    try to turn off transparent in settings
    edited October 2016
    July
    July said:

I don't have it on, I haven't even touched it. Other people are experiencing this same issue. I believe that only applies to skills as well, and shouldn't be affecting chairs regardless.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited October 2016
    KeepComingBack

July
    July said:

I don't have it on, I haven't even touched it. Other people are experiencing this same issue. I believe that only applies to skills as well, and shouldn't be affecting chairs regardless.
    true, and yet it hides luminous orb which is a item and not a skill.. it also hide LGR summon..

but yea if you have it off and this issue still appears then it's not the reason..

i also noticed this issue now.. hope they fix it.
    edited November 2016
    Maintenance will update the gachapon with new chairs, but doesn't mention fixing the fact that chairs aren't even displaying correctly at all. People are still sitting in the air.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited November 2016
    I experienced this too. I asked going to ask if he got the clear chair, but it's nowhere in his chair list.

He said he was sitting on the storybook chair.

edited November 2016
    Still occurring after the 11/3 maintenance.