[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

Bring Back Haunted Mansion

Comments

  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    No one has actively complained about florina beach for years now, but they update the victoria island map and florina beach is no longer present and suddenly it's once again a travesty that it was removed. So yes, seriously.

    You wouldn't complain if you didn't know stuff was going to be removed. Simply put people don't like when they remove content. Supposedly when all the areas were locked up they said it was updating, nobody expected for areas to be fully removed. Furthermore look how other areas that were also locked up years ago have come along, Kerning Square became Kerning Tower, and went from 30-40 to 140 with Star Force fields. Mushroom Castle also got a follow up, Korean Folk Town got a new plot, Omega Sector even got a Major Boss. Chryse got a lame threatment but still they made something of it, why not Florina Beach? We can have a 160+ map as a followup to Partem and Kerning Tower in Victoria Island, we can have a 30-40 non scaling map in Victoria Island. If it was outdated and you needed to fill it up with something why completely discard it?
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Why is stirgeman gear so important that an otherwise-useless area should be brought back?

    You seem to be fixated in that bringing back areas mean no changes to how they were before. Haunted Mansion was outdated, but people liked it. All they have to do is bring it back to whatever the current model is, which is not hard when most of the work is already done. The utility of items is up to each individual player's discretion.

    Cutting stuff up because its not meta, or outdated due to the developers not caring would mean most of Maple would be gone, which for an MMO and for any game is a terrible thing to do.
    Fuhreak
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    they had their time to fix those things and they failed
    we moved to other things we lvl in new area faster and with better items
    we can go back and fort about it but its fact that its abandoned content and no worth update just like all other content there.
    yes am not factor who decide what we are going to get sadly nonone but nexon nexon themself
    thats why they get the players numbers as they are
    ignore what most players want and focus on abandoned things that very few care about its one of the things that drives maplestroy down along side hackers/bugs/p2w

    again i will support the idea bring it back for the sake peace in the house but i know it will stay abonden and catching dust ( hackers heaven)
    and huge nexon wasted time down the drain
    but ok try make all wishes come true

    maybe you want slow down and get your wich belt from haunted house/olivia pq and jetters exp and dont want grind in new areas like all others
    thats fine

    this is modern ms we liked or not and we should keep that way
    i was going to say let those things like CWK and old content for other server it will fit more but i dont want start madness about it we know how those ideas ends....
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    No one has actively complained about florina beach for years now, but they update the victoria island map and florina beach is no longer present and suddenly it's once again a travesty that it was removed. So yes, seriously.

    You wouldn't complain if you didn't know stuff was going to be removed. Simply put people don't like when they remove content. Supposedly when all the areas were locked up they said it was updating, nobody expected for areas to be fully removed. Furthermore look how other areas that were also locked up years ago have come along, Kerning Square became Kerning Tower, and went from 30-40 to 140 with Star Force fields. Mushroom Castle also got a follow up, Korean Folk Town got a new plot, Omega Sector even got a Major Boss. Chryse got a lame threatment but still they made something of it, why not Florina Beach? We can have a 160+ map as a followup to Partem and Kerning Tower in Victoria Island, we can have a 30-40 non scaling map in Victoria Island. If it was outdated and you needed to fill it up with something why completely discard it?

    Florina beach became gold beach. Change my mind.

    Also, I'm against it because you have yet to offer any substantial reason for these areas to come back. There are already plenty of low level training areas, the level ranges below 100 don't need to become any more saturated than they already are. It feels like you're trying incredibly hard to avoid coming right out and saying that nostalgia is the driving reason behind wanting these areas to come back.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Florina beach became gold beach. Change my mind.

    Also, I'm against it because you have yet to offer any substantial reason for these areas to come back. There are already plenty of low level training areas, the level ranges below 100 don't need to become any more saturated than they already are. It feels like you're trying incredibly hard to avoid coming right out and saying that nostalgia is the driving reason behind wanting these areas to come back.

    Already said it since they first post, they should fulfill their promises, I believe that's reason enough.

    I have no nostalgia for these areas, but I am against removing old content with the reason of "nobody plays this because we never tried to fix it" which goes beyond Florina Beach and Haunted Mansion, it includes Amoria, Singapore, Captain Vaga, and more, all of which were removed due to negligence. Amoria was never made engaging, Singapore is a victim of botting which they have made no effort in fixing and Captain Vaga's short life was due to poor balancing. Never forget how much they promised CWPQ would return but never did, and I never played that before you say its due to nostalgia. Who knows what else they'll go by axing because "their data told them", and what other promises they'll break.

    Also lets be fair, the only reason why most of Victoria Island is still the way it is, is because so many characters have plot moments in certain areas, otherwise a lot of stuff would be removed for it "not having any purpose". "Let's get rid of excavation site, its redundant to have another 60 area when Sleepywood exists". I agree there is stuff that can be cut or reworked, but so far their excuses about why they are removing stuff is ridiculous.
    Fuhreak
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 3,810
    Posts: 524
    Member
    edited October 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    maybe you want slow down and get your wich belt from haunted house/olivia pq and jetters exp and dont want grind in new areas like all others
    thats fine
    This is the one of two parts I'm going to respond to because I'll be sounding like a broken record otherwise: it has nothing to do with Witch Belts, Olivia PQ (which I despised anyway), Jesters, or not wanting to grind in new areas (my Legion proves otherwise, not to brag but as a point of reference); putting words into my mouth doesn't help your case. If anything, I was one of the few who actively avoided areas such as Jesters and Aliens.
    The reason I've been emphasizing updates to particular content is to avoid the repetition of old events/contents. If anything, Masteria as a whole could be reworked for the 170-200 range, with new quests and rewards if they wanted to.


    this is modern ms we liked or not and we should keep that way
    i was going to say let those things like CWK and old content for other server it will fit more but i dont want start madness about it we know how those ideas ends....
    Don't know exactly what you're saying here, but I don't want to change modern MS either, but that doesn't mean old content should get left behind. And why would it be okay for other servers to keep CWK, but not GMS?

    The only parts I wanted to respond to in bold. Other responses:
    Aggraphine wrote:

    Florina beach became gold beach. Change my mind.

    Florina Beach and Gold Beach have actually coexisted for about a year until Florina was closed off, and Florina was part of the Nautilus questline for Explorers at the time. That's the only thing I have to say on that matter.
    HuskyDM wrote:

    Singapore is a victim of botting which they have made no effort in fixing

    The real reason Singapore was deleted is because of the badge, and because Nexon Korea didn't like that we had an exclusive pottable badge that was better than the Genesis Badge. The botter reason was just a poor excuse.
    HuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    well again you ignore the fact that its old content and dont want move on
    you got new content like i said better in most ways
    but no you want the that old one for the sake to be there
    that just so stuborn -- that old content or riot -- fine as you want

    i did not put words in your mouth just trying to find what you want from that old so much other then for the sake its there who care why and for what
    you got done with legion and all that lets have more outdated content without any use in our client why not
    dont remove it,let nexon waste resources to fix those just for you

    also i thought since GMS has things now let those be worked on and let old one for clasic server or something but nvm
    you want it so bad that old content let it be nexon can work on all at once
    why waste time argue if its usefull or not or if it make sense for nexon to work on that while GMS has so much issue to be worked on
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 3,810
    Posts: 524
    Member
    edited October 2019
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    well again you ignore the fact that its old content and dont want move on
    you got new content like i said better in most ways
    but no you want the that old one for the sake to be there
    that just so stuborn that old content or riot but fine as you want
    like i said i dont mind if they add haunted house outdated content fixd or not its same thing let nexon waste with pointless updates sure
    all good

    Like I said before, KMS updates "old content" frequently. Within the past couple of years, they added town medals to Kerning City, Perion, Sleepywood, Orbis, El Nath, Ariant, Magatia, Ludibrium, Gate to the Future, and even Mu Lung, which is botter central in GMS. They've also reworked the theme dungeons Fantasy Theme World and Golden Temple. They're also revamping the questlines of Henesys Ruins and Twilight Perion in the next few days. KMS doesn't have the mindset of "these areas are outdated, therefore let's delete them", but rather they put in effort to make them relevant again. Of course some attempts are more successful than others, but they still put in the effort, and they've brought back several closed areas that were irrelevant at the time they were closed.

    Even the overseas servers revamped their outdated areas; we wouldn't have Zipangu or Shanghai in their current state if their respective versions didn't update them.


    i did not put words in your mouth just trying to find what you want from that old so much other then for the sake its there who care why and for what you got done with legion and all that lets have more outdated content in our client why not

    Sure sounds like putting words in my mouth to me. I only mentioned my Legion because old vs new training areas aren't a deciding factor for myself, since you're convinced that I don't want to go to new training areas.

    also i thought since GMS has things now let those be worked on and let old one for clasic server or something but nvm
    you want it so bad that old content let it be
    Keep in mind that Nexon created an entire blockbuster centered around Masteria, and with that Monad cutscene at the end they clearly have intentions of continuing with it (as much as I don't like those stories, but I digress). Removing NLC wouldn't make any sense at this point considering that the blockbuster is based on that area. Personally I'd rather they focus on NLC and CWK since we still have those areas.

    Also, screw classic servers.

    Answers in bold. At this point, talking with a brick wall would be more productive, so I'm done.
    FuhreakHuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Answers in bold. At this point, talking with a brick wall would be more productive, so I'm done.

    sure when you are stuborn with such thing and even mention look even other maple server make updates on such content
    (those other maplestory servers fixed their major issue first then updated some of old content but yea GMS allways do it wrong way so i dont mind )
    maybe you will get your Haunted Mansion fix
    good luck in GMS with that

    alltho blockbuster its done while ago and now its just crazy add on content we still cant move on....
    for what you asking best its clasic server where it will make more sense with story and all that old content vs modern content (gear,dmg etc etc )
    but no you want all the things to be here and .
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    Answers in bold. At this point, talking with a brick wall would be more productive, so I'm done.

    Ah, I see you too have discovered the futility in someone who talks like every next word he types could be "checkmate atheists".
    FuhreakPirateIzzy
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote:

    Singapore is a victim of botting which they have made no effort in fixing

    The real reason Singapore was deleted is because of the badge, and because Nexon Korea didn't like that we had an exclusive pottable badge that was better than the Genesis Badge. The botter reason was just a poor excuse.

    You know that's something that has always weirded me out.
    Why is the Genesis Badge and the Crystal Ventus Badge, both boss rewards and one of those only obtainable from the absolute final boss of the story, 14 years in the making, not pottable?

    You could either :
    A ) Bring back Singapore (which I believe MapleSEA was working on) and make the badge unpottable from then on so we can have the area back and people who got the badge beforehand remain happy.

    Or

    B ) Make all badges pottable, because why not.


    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote:

    Singapore is a victim of botting which they have made no effort in fixing

    The real reason Singapore was deleted is because of the badge, and because Nexon Korea didn't like that we had an exclusive pottable badge that was better than the Genesis Badge. The botter reason was just a poor excuse.

    You know that's something that has always weirded me out.
    Why is the Genesis Badge and the Crystal Ventus Badge, both boss rewards and one of those only obtainable from the absolute final boss of the story, 14 years in the making, not pottable?

    You could either :
    A ) Bring back Singapore (which I believe MapleSEA was working on) and make the badge unpottable from then on so we can have the area back and people who got the badge beforehand remain happy.

    Or

    B ) Make all badges pottable, because why not.


    Why is every single armor set released since the root abyss set an overall instead of a top and bottom even though everyone knows that you lose six possible lines of potential because of it?
    Fuhreak
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    there you go revmaped 2019 2020/2021 GMS Returning Haunted Mansion
    ctrl C ctrl V comeing soonTM

  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Nice. Actually its funny that its KMS implementing a non-KMS creation. Maybe there's still hope.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 3,810
    Posts: 524
    Member
    edited October 2019
    This isn't something new, KMS has released their own version of Haunted Mansion in the past (which we even got in 2016, after they closed our version).
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Nice. Actually its funny that its KMS implementing a non-KMS creation. Maybe there's still hope.
    Returning Haunted Mansion
    maybe its not kms originated but its not first time iplemented
    but only for event period then dead thro year....
    then GMS be like look what we worked next year (ctrl c ctrl v)
  • EvanAyyLmaoEvanAyyLmao
    Reactions: 235
    Posts: 3
    Member
    edited November 2019
    They remove these areas because they get flooded with people botting and no one goes to them, they just end up being dead that illegitimate players pool in.
    /end
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited November 2019
    They remove these areas because they get flooded with people botting and no one goes to them, they just end up being dead that illegitimate players pool in.
    /end

    Ah yes, the dead area of Singapore that no one ever went to for anything, especially not a pottable badge.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2019
    They remove these areas because they get flooded with people botting and no one goes to them, they just end up being dead that illegitimate players pool in.
    /end
    Some of them are removed for this reason.

    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Ah yes, the dead area of Singapore that no one ever went to for anything, especially not a pottable badge.
    Others are removed because Korea doesn't like the area itself. (Or the items / farming meta inside of it)
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 2,600
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited November 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    They remove these areas because they get flooded with people botting and no one goes to them, they just end up being dead that illegitimate players pool in.
    /end
    Some of them are removed for this reason.

    Others are removed because Korea doesn't like the area itself. (Or the items / farming meta inside of it)


    korea dosent like because its eazy to copy paste things to GMS
    also the area was huge and dead other then a map where kanna was afk farming (its banable to suicide so no use anyway) and badge (most likely they will add something in lootbox to fix that)
    when nexon NA get team they can do their own things, its not korea fault for nexonNA or nexon EU fail/shutdown
    without nexon korea we would still be with nebs and some other nice things nexon NA was manual removeing them for years just so they can sell the nebs even when most of us wanted and saw flames ingame before they come ( that got claim as bug)

    GMS lost so much event/content because of that poor localization and lack of team
    they lost the office lost stuff lost players so nexon korea came to help it is what it is
    better copy/paste as it is then shutdown like nexon EU
    its just conspiracy
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 2,455
    Posts: 461
    Member
    edited November 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    So you want to bring back a derelict area that had essentially nothing in it worth going there for, that was ignored for years before it was ever blocked off, so people can spend roughly 20 minutes per new character there? I don't see the logic in that.

    Of course a rework is necessary, just like most of Maple. Nexon just cuts down areas with no traffic because they see data saying "nobody plays this" and rather than realize its because they left the area abandoned and that they might do something to fix it they just cut it. Make a dungeon about it, add new content and people will use it more often. Otherwise we might as well just cut everything from 150 below because "there is nothing worth going there for". Let's jut cut The entirety of Orbis, and Leaffre, and Nihal Desert because nobody goes there even because its our fault for not making it engaging. That's a terrible precedent to set for the game. Something like what PirateIzzy wrote could be used. Its not hard to come up with ideas to rejuvenate old content.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    All of this just reeks of a child being upset at their parents cleaning up scattered toys because they weren't done playing with them yet.

    Seriously?

    I do go to orbis and nohal dessert and el nath to train from lvs 70-100, so they are usrfull areas, plus several important prequests require those areas( like damien pres f.e) and i train a lot of levels in leafre from 100-150 or so there are several useful maps there.