[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Current state of Maplestory and Nexons Ignorance

xedozxedoz
Reactions: 455
edited November 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm a longtime Maplestory player, I have a level 275 character on Reboot and i quit this game.
Since i dont care about normal servers this is only gonna take Reboot into consideration.

So why did i quit this game and why am i making this post?
Maplestory have been going the wrong way for a long time, and after reading all of these maplememos seeing the ignorance from Nexon just makes me annoyed.
Nexon have been making it harder and harder for people to even play this game.
After reading the latest memo and seeing how Nexon prefers to ban people who die instead of fixing the game i felt i had to make this post.

First of i would like to clarify to Nexon what is currently required from a player to play this game on a decent level.
You have to first of put in EXTREME amounts of time to level up not only one but several characters since you need legion aswell.
The normal is to get to level 6k legion and 250+ main.
During this time you actually get very little meso, and that meso needs to be spent to make your char strong enough to farm properly and also to make droprate / meso gear.
When you are finally at the point of having 6k legion and a geared main, youre gonna have to make it stronger. You need to spend billions, just to make your main strong enough to kill bosses.
After you kill all the relevant bosses(lucid will lotus dam) on normal you need to start gearing for hard modes.
The current best gear ingame is the Arcane set, getting just one of these requires 160 droplets, wich is about 160 hours of farming in Arcana AFTER you have full dropgear.
To get full Arcane set you need 880 droplets, about 880 hours of farming in Arcana and Esfera AFTER getting your droprate gear.

So whats the problem?
In those 880 hours of farming you will be getting experience, alot of experience.
You will outlevel the areas and meso will stop dropping.

Alot of people will try to starforce their gear to get stronger, and will possibly boom them, this means they have to farm 160/240 droplets AGAIN. While now being level 270.
And since you, Nexon, arent allowing suicide kannas, they have to either do this without getting meso at the same time, or play another character wich they also have to get dropgear/meso gear on, and since suiciding isnt allowed, multiple characters to 250+ just to be able to get another arcane piece.

What happens when a player has full 40x 250 and still havent successfully 22 starred his arcane gear? Is he supposed to be removing his lvl 250 characters just so he can farm again?

And its even worse for people who are new, since they have a harder and harder time to catchup.

What happened to wondroid?
When will we finally know about sengoku badge?
When will you do something about 2 pc meta?

How many more stupid things are you gonna do to this game before making one good change?
darikProximaSpairahPrideDuskRaven

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited November 2019
    I couldnt agree more with you, its stupid the current state of reboot, the fact that the game is so messed up that people need to suicide their chars to gain meso is beyond stupid and now nexon is even removing that ability by banning everyone that does this, if u nexon are going to remove this way of farming mesos , introduce a new way to get mesos, like greatly increase spawn rate, meso rate, reduce cubes price or starforce by a significant amount, etc, dont just remove stuff and leave the reboot community screwed.
  • KrissXKrossKrissXKross
    Reactions: 435
    edited November 2019
    I also agree, since this method was being done since reboot released i believed, and don't see why its a bad thing now. especially if its in bye bye station. you are not affecting anyone in the game since the map is basically yours.
  • ProximaProxima
    Reactions: 935
    edited November 2019
    All of these issues need to be adressed by nexon as everyone in reboot is effected. I highly doubt anything will happen because of the KMS overloards but this post needs to get an official reply by nexon.
    darik