[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game crash after character selection

CoreOfKaiserCoreOfKaiser
Reactions: 310
edited February 2020 in Tech Support
Every time i try to open the game and right after i select any character the game just crash , intrigued not to select any character but i get the same result .
Please help me fix this issue

Comments

• markyrmtmarkyrmt
    Reactions: 330
    edited February 2020
    Something worked for me a few minutes ago, after maybe two weeks out of the game because of busy sched and not having the time to troubleshoot. Run msconfig, under the Services tab, click first the "Hide All Microsoft Services" and you will be left with a few programs not native/related to windows installation. Uncheck everything and restart pc and relaunch game. For most part, there could be another game security/anti-cheat software running in background which might be conflicting with Nexon's own game security addon. I also disabled something from Huawei which I never installed, and anything Google since I dont even have chrome on this newer pc.

HTH.