[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

turn off/filter Shout-out chat/gacha announcements

Aeth3riumAeth3rium
Reactions: 100
edited March 2020 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So, I've recently returned to the game from a long time away, and I see something STILL hasn't changed. And I'd very much like to have the option to avoid something if at all possible...

The player "shouts" that are channel wide, and gachapon announcements. I CANNOT stand them. I don't care that someone gets some item from gacha, or randomly being involved in some conversation that people choose to have with an entire channel. It's no different than someone talking on their cellphone with speaker setting on out in public. I don't want to be part of your conversation. I also don't want these announcements spamming up my chat log.

Can you at least introduce a setting where this can be turned off? I also hate that there is an image that pops up in the same area of the screen of where buffs are listed and interferes. Or is spamming chat okay since those things I've described can only be done if you pay money to Nexon? Seriously, at least give other players the option to opt out of the spam. All this shouldn't interfere with my time playing the game.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2020
    The best you're gonna get is the "disable avatar megaphones" option in system settings. There's never going to be a way to filter them out entirely. If your screen resolution supports playing in windowed mode and using the external chat box option, I believe it confines all of that sort of chat message to its own section, leaving the actual chat box unhindered.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2020
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The best you're gonna get is the "disable avatar megaphones" option in system settings. There's never going to be a way to filter them out entirely. If your screen resolution supports playing in windowed mode and using the external chat box option, I believe it confines all of that sort of chat message to its own section, leaving the actual chat box unhindered.

They actually still show up in your "normal" chat window, but if you make a new tab that has all the options checked, for whatever reason the gacha messages don't show up.
  • TurtlesRockTurtlesRock
    Reactions: 1,845
    edited April 2020
    Aeth3rium wrote: »
    Can you at least introduce a setting where this can be turned off?

There is a setting to turn it off...

• ThumperOne1ThumperOne1
    Reactions: 420
    edited April 2020
    disable option avatar off in options
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2020
    TgYDTK2.png