[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cannot drop "Eye of fire" to fight against Zakum

KyaruMomochiKyaruMomochi
Reactions: 260
As title, I was limited on Auction House and dropping item because I purchased something with NX and it was my first time.
I see that there's regulation about this but I think it shouldn't limit us to fight a boss...
ProphetieJacaruHHG1SlicedTimeEXdestFuhreak

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2020
    Agree. Nexon should make Zakum spawn by clicking the altar instead to solve this problem. Getting the Eye of Fire every time to fight Zakum doesn't make any sense anyway since the prequests aren't required now.
    Same with Papulatus, it just gives you the cracked piece now.
    If they absolutely want to keep these items as a requirement to enter then they could have them be consumed upon clicking the altar/crack to summon.
    Fuhreak
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited April 2020
    tbh, why doesn't nexon just make boss runs simple. Not just zakum, but also horntail, pink bean, cygnus and etcs. All these stupid bosses require some stuff in your inventory which takes up a space and do nothing else.
    Fuhreak
  • WizinghamWizingham
    Reactions: 200
    The rule for not dropping items is also an issue for people who make a new account as well so just fixing zakum wouldn't solve things such as the pre quests to get the Kanna ring either though. It makes it hard to progress in damage for new accounts if you cant get the acc from Zak or kanna ring.
  • KyhaleKyhale
    Reactions: 100
    I just ran into this same issue after spending money on the game for the first time yesterday. The fact that I can now not do Zakum on any of my characters for the next week is slightly infuriating. It makes me slightly regret spending money on this game in the first place.

Was this ever addressed?

Edit: I found that a workaround is to join with a party member and have them drop the eye for you.
  • NeonameNeoname
    Reactions: 100
    This is absolutely not okay and the answer "Wait it out" is not acceptable.I regret not knowing that before I bought NX.As a new account (only leveled a kaiser to 60 before, now determined to get to endgame with another character) I am perfectly fine with not trading for a week after buying NX for the first time.I however would like to play the game and do the content.How this is still an issue is beyond my understanding.I have items and medals in my inventory that i cannot sell and I cannot drop.I have limited inventory space and It`s almost as if they force you to buy more so that you can play normally.Not cool.Very not cool.There must be another way.I love this game.I just hate these little things that totally ruin it for me.And of course this does not matter to them.Most people that play this game have very old accounts and have bought NX for the first time 10 years ago.But being a newer player, enthusiastic bout that grind, it just shows they do not care.