[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

F/P Mage Magic Guard Not Working on Some Bosses

EbiEbi
Reactions: 400
edited June 2020 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Magic Guard Skill not fully working on some mobs

Brief bug summary: I recently did a job advancement change from I/L mage lvl 202 to F/P mage, afterwards, I come to realize that magic guard sometimes doesn't distribute damage to MP.

More details:

I did root abyss, Crimson Queen and Pierre were fine, but during the Von Bon and Vellum fights, my magic guard was clearly on, but 100% of the damage went to my HP. This also was an issue when I was grinding this morning at forsaken excavation site, magic guard did not work.

Steps to reproduce:

Character name: TakoJsh

Character level: 203

Character job: F/P Mage

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 6/17/20 - 8:30PM (PST)

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2020
    Did you try restarting Maple Story (or computer)? In case something went wrong when job changing.
  • EbiEbi
    edited June 2020
    I've restarted my computer and maplestory. Logging on today I just did easy magnus, and please see picture in link. He hits me for 4344 damage and 100% of it goes to my HP while magic guard is on. You can see from the buff order that meditation was used after and it's slightly grayed at the bottom which means time has elapsed since I turned on magic guard. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

https://preview.redd.it/8t9abcon7s551.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=1312325aeea51621ccfb4687b10a4d0d2932c570
  • EbiEbi
    edited June 2020
    Question resolved: attacks that do %health, the damage goes all to health.