[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to Complete Violetta's Rescue Quest

RunningstartRunningstart
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
The iron chain keys to complete the quest aren't dropping from the Master Squids for me.

The series of quests for the Mushroom Castle Theme Dungeon have been working fine for me up until this quest. After boarding the Viking Airship and completing James' quests, I find Violetta on the treadmill in the Galley area of the ship and complete that quest. But after accepting the quest she gives me after, to "eliminate everyone in sight and grab all the keys" (although I read ahead and it seems none of them will work since it's the first time), none of the Master Squids drop anything and I don't gain any exp whatsoever from them, either. I've tried going back to the choosing the world and channel page to see if maybe quitting and logging back into my character would work since it got me through the 2nd Job Advancement for Illium glitch but that hasn't changed anything, either. I haven't found any other reports of this so I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this issue yet.

Character name: Paresium

Character level: 82

Character job: Illium

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: 6/29/2020 12:10am

Comments

• PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited June 2020
    Is there a rune in the map? If the Master Squids don't give any EXP at all, that means there's a cursed rune that's causing you to not gain any EXP or drops. If there is a rune, use it and try again.
  • RunningstartRunningstart
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2020
    No, unfortunately there was no rune anywhere on the map. It was just a regular map, the only npc being Violetta and the only monsters the Master Squids; nothing and no one else to interact with.