[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Slot Bugged?

LaserjetLaserjet
Reactions: 500
edited October 2021 in Bug Reporting
Did anyone's character in their 53rd slot get deleted or removed? Made a lara which occupied my 53rd slot, then after the minor patch used a character slot expansion to tera burn a mule. When i got dc'd and logged back on i noticed all my characters were sorted by lv and not by when i made em, then i notice the lara i pre-created is gone and only have 53 of 54 characters slots in use.

So I'm asking, did this happen to anyone else? Character in the 54th slot gone which might be the lowest lv

Comments

• apmapm
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2021
    Yes, it happened to me too. I already had 53 chars. Today after the minor patch i was finally able to increase char slots to 54. That seemed to work. Then i went and precreated a lara char, Lara1704. I completed the creation and it showed me the char in the last slot in the character selection UI. Then i tried to start it cuz why not :P and it told me it would be playable starting Dec 1st. Since by then i was already memory leaking (i keep my taskmanager open at all times) i restarted the game. Then i noticed my chars were sorted by level, not by creation date. But i was like, i don't mind that. And didn't look any further. I went and trained my PF for 4 hours, then i decided to take another look at my new lara char. Then i found out... that the precreated lara char was missing from the list, and that char slots said 53/54 again!
    Then i thought like okay, maybe i messed up the creation? Didn't click okay at the last bit maybe? So i went ahead and tried to create the same lara char again.
    Then, at the last bit where you choose a name, i used the same name as before... and it told me that name was in use. So clearly my earlier creation is still in there somewhere, it just isn't showing. It is iffy though that char slots says 53/54. (by the way i cancelled the 2nd lara creation attempt.)
    So i think the character precreation did work but Nexon f***ed up the 54th character slot. Again.
    So Nexon, what do i do now? If i just wait, will it magically work out again? Will i get my Lara char in December? or... do i needa wait for another unscheduled patch?
    Please advise.
  • apmapm
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2021
    I remembered something. Back when a bunch of worlds were merged into aurora, i had more than 50 chars (the limit at the time was 50 chars per world). I remember that then the chars would also be sorted by level, but initially they gave you a way to pick which chars to show. That UI would eventually disappear, and if you still had more chars than the limit, it would only show the highest level chars up to the limit. The only way to see the lowest level chars is to delete some chars that are shown. Something which i'm not willing to do of course! But it's exactly what this is. Basically somewhere in the code it still says that max chars is 53, so it won't show the lowest level chars up to the (old) limit, meaning our Lara won't be displayed. Until we delete a char. This also means it's impossible to *play* Lara unless Nexon *FIXES* *THIS* *SHT* (HINT!) But, unless i'm totally wrong here, it means that our precreated Lara char is basically still in there. Just can't see it.

Nexon! Get to WORK! DX Stop torturing us with halfa$$ed half-fixes!