[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This helps me love Maple a bit more...

ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
Reactions: 1,580
edited April 2022 in General Chat
Hi all, today I want to share how I manage to actually play the game without giving in to the urge of closing the game lol
Not sure how many of you are experiencing the same kind of feeling I have, but I tend to close the game right after logging in,
there was just no motivation to go on with, to click on anything after logging in, hard to explain but it is true for me lately.
So, I decided to do a test and play some nostalgic Maplestory BGM in the background on Youtube.
What that did was running the nostalgia in my mind, all those music of the past, which have long been removed from the game.
Even if the game now does not give me much motivation to go on with, at least the past, the memories, the nostalgia is still very strong.
You can probably see this in the comments of the Youtube videos too, many are brought back by the beauty of these old music.
The music that comforted you remains unchanged when you hear it on Youtube, so why not play Maplestory with that in your mind? Try it >:D

Comments

• happycowshappycows
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited April 2022
    Its OK to not want to play the game. Its good that you found a solution to your problem by playing old BGMs, but just remember that if the game itself is not enjoyable to you, or you don't feel motivated to play, its perfectly acceptable to just not play. Personally, i get hit with the most nostalgia when i simply listen to the old BGMs while not playing. if i listen to the old music while playing, it doesn't hit the same
  • ota9x55ruri2pponota9x55ruri2ppon
    Reactions: 1,580
    edited April 2022
    There are still things to enjoy about the current Maplestory, the point was that the old Maplestory felt much more fun, so it makes more sense for me to play and find a way to enjoy the game more, or at least, as close to how fun it used to be before as possible. Sure, if there is not a single thing to enjoy about Maplestory, it'd make sense to not play at all, but that is certainly not the case here. The action of closing the game after logging in was done because the game no longer felt as fun as it used to, but that does not mean Maplestory has failed completely. Ultimately, there are still classes I have not played yet and I feel I'd like to at least try them out, so it's not about completely NOT playing.