[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damage output

MadAsHellMadAsHell
Reactions: 600
edited November 2022 in Game Guides
How high should my damage be at lvl210? Because I feel like it being over 1mil is too low because I can't beat any bosses my lvl.

Comments

• iBundanceiBundance
    Reactions: 845
    edited February 2023
    Honestly seeing millions and billions of damage is outrageous . level 30 characters are as strong as level 70 and 120 use to be before Big Bang. We could use some number reductions simply so its easier to read and there's less clutter on the map.
  • BladesingerBladesinger
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited March 2023
    I don't know how experienced you are or what your legion looks like, so I'll assume you're on a fairly fresh account.
    If this is your highest level character, I think for the generally intended experience you should be strong enough to kill mobs at your level in about 2 or 3 hits max (preferably 1). If you're new, it's okay if it takes another hit or so. If it takes 4+ hits, there are probably major gear oversights, in which case I would recommend searching a gear progression guide for your server. Acquiring certain pieces can take some time. Remember that others are here to help, so long as you are kind and pay it forward!

The goal for the comfortable experience which most players understand as a baseline is that a player can 1-shot mobs at their level. (Except maybe Grandis.) That's what you should be aiming for; if you can't do this, you should look at nodes, gear potentials, set effects, star force, and legion/link skills. Guilds are R>!

Link skills will provide a significant damage boost. If you don't have very many characters, this is the perfect time to experiment with other classes and see what the game has to offer. Two birds with one stone. (Just remember to have fun!)
    - Just my opinion as a midgamer.
    iBundance wrote: »
    Honestly seeing millions and billions of damage is outrageous . level 30 characters are as strong as level 70 and 120 use to be before Big Bang. We could use some number reductions simply so its easier to read and there's less clutter on the map.

Well, that's the allure for many players, including myself. And yes, it's different than before. Seeing the visual impact of my strength is part of the fun. Unit skins and invisible skin are there for those who need.