[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple Admin not changing Jett's job

PastafarianPastafarian
Reactions: 1,010
edited November 2023 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality

Brief bug summary:

A couple of my Jett characters are locked in a room with Maple Admin, who does not give the same job change dialog she gave others

More details:

On logging in, Jett stuck in Spaceship Cockpit with Maple Administrator and a portal. Talking to Maple Administrator gets no dialog options, only "Hello! Welcome to Maple World!". Trying to use the portal causes her to say "You can use the portal after advancing to another job."
Steps to reproduce:

Character name:

XenoBello

Character level:

Character job:

Jett

World name:

Aurora

Date and time of the incident:

November 17, 2023, 1 AM EST

Added: Screenshot

Comments

• PastafarianPastafarian
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2023
    Additional info: The job change quest is also not available through the quest menu.
  • JerebugJerebug
    Reactions: 1,841
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Hi Mapler,

Thank you for your report. I have forwarded this to the team, please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Happy Mapling!
  • ParryTFrontersParryTFronters
    Reactions: 910
    edited December 2023
    This is happening to me as well. Not sure if I missed the event or not though.
    Character Name: Jettsear
    Character Level: 40
    Character Job: Jett
    World Name: Aurora
    Date and Time of Incident: December 22, 2023, 7:00 PST
  • KhongiKhongi
    Reactions: 2,140
    edited December 2023
    Yeah this is happening to me as well, I think it's going to happen to all Jett that are under lvl100 since you needed to be at lvl100 in order to finish the mini jett event where you changed jobs and got the goodies. As OP mentioned, as a Jett under lvl100, we get transported to the Jett Spaceship Cockpit, Maple admin NPC is there saying you can't leave without picking a new job yet you are unable to leave the area to do that and no option is available to change jobs while in the spaceship so you're just stuck.

I did contact customer service who moved me out of the area to pick a new job but it automatically sends you back to that spaceship.

A fix would be having the admin npc or another with an option to simply pick the new job. As it stands, as of right now, you are stuck. This will happen to all Jetts under lvl100, even returning players in the future. There needs to be an option to pick a new job in that holding room.
    edited January 3
    I HAVE found a way to get out of the room manually. Just enter the Cash Shop, then exit, and it sends you back to your regular ship, then you can leave through the teleporter and keep leveling. If the only way to fix this problem is to be level 100, then I'm just gonna grind until level 100 this way. Hopefully this gets fixed in the next patch though.
    Laudier
    edited January 6
    Update: This worked. Once I got to level 100, I exited back to the title screen, then logged back into my Jett character to get back to the event map. Upon doing so, the Maple Admin had the quest bubble above her, and allowed me to change my character's job. This either needs to be fixed or SPECIFIED in the event page. Genuinely had to play for 3 days (that could have been spent leveling my burning character) just to do this event correctly.
  • ImAdventurerImAdventurer
    Reactions: 1,000
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 6
    I have an issue to change my job! I receive an error message from Maple Administrator npc:
    "An unknown problem has occoured. Try again later."
    upon accepting the change job from Jett in my account.

Character names:
    AgentJett
    GiantJett
    World: Luna
    Lv: 101 each.

Thank you!!!
  • KamshatkaKamshatka
    Reactions: 700
    edited February 13
    I have also an issue to change my job as a former Jett ! I receive an error message from Kyrin npc:
    "Failed to distribute due to an unknow error."
    upon accepting the change job from "[Job advancement] (level 10) Path of the Pirate (Complete)".

Character names : Ustwo06
    World: Elyseum
    Level : 100

Thank you!!!