[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Are there still ways to obtain damage skins?

MumpleMumple
Reactions: 300
edited November 2016 in General Chat
other than random people selling them in the FM

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Events, mostly. If you get going on it like right now you can get a damage skin from the Crown Collector event. Just collect 30 shimmering stars(x10 daily), and finish the Sentence Scramble quest to get the damage skin.

How that works is as you're given different crowns through turning in the stars, then you click the On Display option in the crown notifier(under the star tab on the left side) and you pick and choose which crowns to have, as the name implies, on display above your head. When you get the five that are asked of you by the Sentence Scramble quest, you get the skin.

This is the damage skin you can get from the Crown Collector event:

You can also complete Mushroom Shrine Tales for a damage skin as well. It's located in the light bulb notifier on the left side of the screen(above the star mentioned above) and will be appended with [Mushroom Shrine Tales] or something to that effect. Just play through the entirety of the content.

This is the damage skin it gives you:

You can do FriendStory as well(located in the Closet House in Henesys, but available through any Dimensional Mirror), all the way through to the end for what I assume to be a choice between these two skins:

The current Kaleido-Spinner event, you can get this skin from one of the three boxes the spinner rewards you with:

If you're an EMS player, you'll have a chance at getting this skin from November 10th to January 31st:

If you're still hanging around come December, the Star World(not to be confused with the now-removed Star Planet) event may make a return, at which point you can get a pretty good medal(there are better but hey) as well as this skin:
    (my personal fave, tbh)

I don't remember where you get it because it's been well over a year since the first and last time I've done it, but you can get this skin at some point of the Beasts of Fury content:

This skin will be available in some way starting next Wednesday when the Hunt Acceleration Haste event begins:

This one is currently available in the Moon Bunny coin shop for 200 coins:

This one, which honestly sucks in my opinion, you can get from Tot's Know-How, which should be in the book notifier(below the star on the left side of the screen), it's the little orange-haired guy. I don't remember the exact name of the part that rewards it, but it'll mention damage skins in its name:

Here's a full view of the Chalk damage skin that @Neospector mentioned below:

Here is the damage skin that @Xenomata mentioned below:

This one you can get from the Alishan coin shop, but I honestly cannot, in good conscience, recommend you work toward getting it due to Alishan content being... odd:

This damage skin may come back as a free "you get this for logging in today, YAY!" reward on Christmas Day:

Both of these can be obtained through fighting Ursus, but you need to actually clear Ursus to get some of the drops required to buy them out of the shop:

These three generally tend to come around in events centered around Valentine's Day:

All damage skin images sourced from here
    KerBansotcarmenpop22
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Our GMS FriendStory has a shop full of prize items located in front of the Old School Building from NPC Hugh Head (note: Not the Hugh who's in the uniform shop, the one on the street).

Damage skins can be bought for needles. The damage skins from FriendStory that @Aggraphine mentioned are the Irena Band damage skin and the Damien Band damage skin, respectively. The Chalk damage skin is also available. Each skin costs 300 silver needles. Needles can be earned by completing FriendStory and by challenging the Old School Building dungeon (gives approximately 5 needles per run, give or take, with 10 runs per day).
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Aggraphine

I don't remember where you get it because it's been well over a year since the first and last time I've done it, but you can get this skin at some point of the Beasts of Fury content:
    After you pick one of the two Dojos and complete their missions that let you access the Dojo itself, the animal you talk to will give you the Damage skin, which changes depending on the Dojo you chose (I think it's Blue for Gold Dragons, and Red for Red Tigers)

I think there's also a damage skin for killing the Shaolin Temple's boss 30 times (2 attempts per day), but I'm not patient enough to do that.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

After you pick one of the two Dojos and complete their missions that let you access the Dojo itself, the animal you talk to will give you the Damage skin, which changes depending on the Dojo you chose (I think it's Blue for Gold Dragons, and Red for Red Tigers)

I think there's also a damage skin for killing the Shaolin Temple's boss 30 times (2 attempts per day), but I'm not patient enough to do that.
    Oh right, there is. I'll add it and a few others I remembered to my first post
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited November 2016
    first dmg skin is ToT! And lots of events offer dmg skins from time to time!
  • MumpleMumple
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2016
    didn't expect all the replies, thank you for the information everyone