[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Basic combat lessons

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited November 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Would it be interesting for a chatacter to have a main job and a side job for hunting.

The job instructors of victoria island should offer lessons to characters with a different job.

I am a thief and I can use dagger and a katara. Ive seen ninjas such as the ones in ninja castle use bows. I think an npc like athenia pierce can teach a short class on how to hunt with a bow and arrow. Should Grendel's bishop go to kyrin and learn gun 101?

The character would be able to learn the first job skills of each job on victoria island except for buffs. Dark knights would be able to learn bowmen 1st job hunting skill, but nothing as impressive as hurricane.

The character learning the skills will be able to equip extra weapons on. These weapons do not increase your damage and you can only equip the "beginner" weapons the instructor provides you when you choose a job (theives are given a garnier) the character can only equip the simplest weapon and cannot wield anything other that weapon (you cannot use a fafnir risk holder for your side job)

The damage will be determined by that weapon's attack and the amount of stats you have that correspond to that weapon (the magic attack of a thief will depend on his int and magic attack of his wand and gear, not his claw and secondary). You can only learn attacking skills, but not buffs, flash jumps or teleports.

These skills would appear in the beginners tab after doing a prequest for the job instructor after 4th job the character's main job.

1. Should we able to learn the basics of other jobs?6 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (3 votes)
    2. No
       50% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Sindit?
    LilyflowerZephyrusSpring
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

Sindit?
    The dark lord will probably say you are already a pupil of his and attending ninja 101 is pointless.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2016
    *Imagines a dark knight learning bowman 101 and gets a skill that turns his spear into a harpoon to pull monsters*

Actually this wouldn't be a bad idea. Classes can learn useful abilities this way. Dark Knight would benefit by now having a pull/hookshot skill from learning it from the explorer bowman job instructor. We should limit it though, and either have only explorers be able to learn from another explorer job teacher or allow all classes to learn a small amount of explorer skills.

The skills they learn would only enhance their utility but have little or no effect on increasing DPS whatsoever.

If I may, these would be the skills I'd like to see each job instructor teach.

Athena: Hookshot
    Dances with Balrog: Rush
    Dark Lord: Venom
    Kyrin: random chance to learn Pirates Revenge or Ahoy Mateys (summons only 1 crew member).
    Grendel: Magic Guard (only absorbs 30% of damage at double cost of MP)
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

Kyrin: random chance to learn Pirates Revenge or Ahoy Mateys (summons only 1 crew member).
    I'd say, if your version were to go through, replace Kyrin's with Roll of the Dice, since it isn't a reliable skill to get damage from.

My idea would be each instructor would give either a permanent version of a Decent Skill (DwB: Combat Orders. Grendel: Advanced Blessing. Athena: Sharp Eyes. Dark Lord: Haste. Kyrin: Speed Infusion), but only one, or an item (Pocket or Totem) that gives you the decent skill in question.

Another thought would maybe be... how about the ability to enhance your own classes skills with the powers of another class branch? Like, give a Hero some elements from a Thief (sneaky sneaky MIGHTY RAGING BLOW!!!), or a Buccaneer elements from a Magician (Magical Punch, Magical Kick, Magicaler Magical Beam of Power)?
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

AznboiE
    AznboiE said:

I'd say, if your version were to go through, replace Kyrin's with Roll of the Dice, since it isn't a reliable skill to get damage from.

My idea would be each instructor would give either a permanent version of a Decent Skill (DwB: Combat Orders. Grendel: Advanced Blessing. Athena: Sharp Eyes. Dark Lord: Haste. Kyrin: Speed Infusion), but only one, or an item (Pocket or Totem) that gives you the decent skill in question.

Another thought would maybe be... how about the ability to enhance your own classes skills with the powers of another class branch? Like, give a Hero some elements from a Thief (sneaky sneaky MIGHTY RAGING BLOW!!!), or a Buccaneer elements from a Magician (Magical Punch, Magical Kick, Magicaler Magical Beam of Power)?
    The 5th job system will feature decent skills on cores.

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    These skills are meant to be similar as 3 snails except you have to earn it and you won't be doing 40 damage per shell. So my the leftover 2k and stray magic attack will determine whether I'm a wizard.

You're a wizard, arry. You are warrior, potter.
  • NakazatoJLNakazatoJL
    Reactions: 1,505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2016
    Seens like waste of time creating those.
    5th job already has something similar (you can learn decent skills and some general skills, 5th job skills that share with all jobs)
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited November 2016
    NakazatoJL

Seens like waste of time creating those.
    5th job already has something similar (you can learn decent skills and some general skills, 5th job skills that share with all jobs)
    I more into combat skills than support skills
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited November 2016
    Well, my Samurai would finally learn another discipline then. I'd love to see this.