[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting DC'd for hacking

CarlacCarlac
Reactions: 1,060
edited December 2016 in General Chat
Over the past several days while playing on the Reboot world I have been disconnected by the "GMPolice" for hacking. First, I do not hack and, quite frankly, I ma not sure how to do that. Second, the Reboot world has a very significant lag which is not present when I play my other character on Bellocon world. So what is going on here? Nexon - can you please fix this thing?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    It could be due to the lag, in which case you can try to avoid it by moving and attacking slowly. Hit a group of enemies, wait for them to die, and only then hit the next group.

Another possibility is that your character is affected by a bug we have now. If you have a skill that reflects damage back at the enemy (such as Rage for Hero or Phantom, Vengeance for Demon Slayer, or Foxfire for Kanna) and also a potential line like "% chance to ignore %x damage" on your equipment, you are likely to get this false "HACK" detection. If that is the case for you, try not using the skill or taking off the equipment with that line (or recubing it), until the bug is fixed.
  • YYBYYB
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016
    I've noticed its been happening to some classes and not to others. I've been experiencing the same thing almost INSTANTLY now going into dipq. It's to the point where I know its going to happen, and I don't buff up or even attack anymore. The only thing I can actually do is put up kishin, and maybe teleport occasionally to do damage... It used to be where I could get to the 4th stage on dec2nd but now, up to today I can't get passed 1st :(
  • CarlacCarlac
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2016
    Thanks for the input folks - I would think the folks at Nexon would have enough band width given the size of the game to prevent the lagging and false hacking dc's. I am not quitting the game but I do hope for better from the people who run this game.
    DreamWeaver