[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What is the worst Explorer Branch Class?

markxhuntermarkxhunter
Reactions: 800
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2016 in General Chat
Being that I have entered Reboot knowing that I wanted to only play Explorers for the mere challenge, I would like to know THE WORST explorers.

Now it may seem that I would want to avoid them, but that is the complete opposite >:D
  1. What Explorer do you find the worst?61 votes
    1. Dark Knight
       0% (0 votes)
    2. Hero
       2% (1 vote)
    3. Palladin
       8% (5 votes)
    4. I/L Arch Mage
       3% (2 votes)
    5. F/P Arch Mage
       7% (4 votes)
    6. Bishop
       8% (5 votes)
    7. Bowmaster
       5% (3 votes)
    8. Marksman
       5% (3 votes)
    9. Night Lord
       3% (2 votes)
    10. Shadower
       5% (3 votes)
    11. Blade Master
       3% (2 votes)
    12. Buccaneer
       5% (3 votes)
    13. Corsair
       33% (20 votes)
    14. Cannon Master
       13% (8 votes)

Comments

• markxhuntermarkxhunter
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    If you're willing to, let me hear your reasons :D (Of course stating what you chose)
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Worst in terms of what? Damage? Utility? Playstyle? Mobbing?
    It's vague to just ask what is the worst.
  • markxhuntermarkxhunter
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Just your overall beliefs :D
  • ふかせふかせ
    Reactions: 1,475
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    My answer will be biased because I never liked explorer warriors and archers, so I barely played those classes. But I can definitely tell you that explorer archers have decent damage. I also haven't really played pirates much, but I know that corsairs are squishy.

If you are planning on playing solo, bishop and paladin will be more challenging since they have low damage. However, they have great utility.

The thieves shouldn't have much of a challenge either. They have high avoid rates and can do well on their own.

And now my favourite branch is the mages. Despite all the nerfs, f/p is still does well at bossing. I have already mentioned bishops earlier, and i/l are rather average overall.

(Sorry for the lack of detail, but I haven't been playing explorers for a while.)
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I haven't played any of the warriors, BM, sair, or Cannoneer to 4th job, but UUUUGH F/P mage is my least favorite of the mages.

I like bossing with them, but that's it. Super slow movement and bad mobbing make it irritating to play

Edit: Now that I think about it, I'm not very fond of Bucc either. I don't hate them, but I don't really like them either
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    BM is currently Overpowered due to the sheer amount of hits you do a second, but their def is complete junk

as for the worse i would say Corsair, because his % damage on his skills is just bad.
  • FoomBerryFoomBerry
    Reactions: 600
    edited September 2016
    I know the Bishop is quite a handful to manage but with the right gear and dedication you can muster up a decent character that can hold its own on occasion. The only problem is getting to that point. Unless you're funding your Bishop expect an uphill struggle just to get to a respectable peak.
  • KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited September 2016
    Explorers I've tried and my comments:

Drk - Love it, still play it. Mobility is a challenge, the FJ is a little shorter compared to pirates. But I like them tanky and powerlful - drk meets these. Mobbing is meh given the mobility challenge but there's rush skill and another one that lets you pull mobs closer.

I tried the old Hero prior to the revamp so my comments on it is useless now.

Bishop - I found survivability tricky. The tele isn't so good and a lot of buffs so it takes a while to get back to fighting if you die.

I/L - really cool looking skills. Has bind and you're invincible during bind so it's good, but you can't attack during bind either since it's a hold down skill so LOL!

Never tried any explorer bowman or thief.

Sair - I can't stand the squishy-ness. I feel like auto HP is required. Mobility is great and given good funding, good at bossing too. Has a summon so it makes it easier to gollux.

Bucc - I main it but I gotta admit, dps wise we're a bit too low on the food chain. No vertical mobility either. Pink aura. VERY PINK aura.

Neer - for an STR user, quite a bit soft. I pot almost as much on neer as I do on sair. Good vertical and horizontal mobility though. Has a summon too so easier to gollux.

Just my personal opinion. Make of it what you will. Hope it helps.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited September 2016
    Wait... Jett's not on the list, JUST KIDDING!

Voted for Corsair. A lot of their skill concepts lacked distance (kinda important for using a projectile weapon), speed, fluidity, synergy, and just any fun factor. This oddball mechanic setup really needs to either shape up or ship out.
  • GengarGengar
    edited September 2016
    I've played nearly every explorer possible and honestly the two that were complete torture were tied at bowmaster/corsair (for the same reasons)
    They can't take damage well at all (unless you mega fund them from the start)
    They have slow moves until job 4 (but that seems to be something most explorers suffer from)
    and even then you gotta put PLENTY of dex into them to even see improvements.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Gengar
    Gengar said:

I've played nearly every explorer possible and honestly the two that were complete torture were tied at bowmaster/corsair (for the same reasons)
    They have slow moves until job 4 (but that seems to be something most explorers suffer from)
    umm I main a BM in reboot and they are actually really easy fund early/mid game but they do get hard to fund much latter on( reach 200k and you start dealing 2mil lines on bosses without too much pdr and boss att) and Hurricane is more overpowered than you think it and you add that with arrow Platter and you can Punnel bosses into the ground with little range( you DO NEED ALOT OF RANGE FOR THE ENDGAME BOSSES FOR BMS SO WATCH OUT)
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I have a Bishop and Cannoner but I find them to be most unforgiving in terms of Potion Spending. I had a hard time deciding which of these 2 would be my pick for worst but then I realized that both have unique skills that make them trainable. I think if used with good gear and a good skill setup a Bishop can hang with the big-boys. Already a Cannoner is quite strong but he takes massive hits making potions needed a lot more. If you have a Bishop, make sure to cast Magic Guard and have good defense and a MP regenerative familiar or will be in for a rough time. But since I had to choose one, I chose bishop primarily due to the struggles I have training with him in some areas. But as I said, both are tough to train and manage but not impossible if you are funded ;)
  • JasmineCapJasmineCap
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    I didn't like how Corsair functioned as a character. The first job didn't make any sense (compared to all other explorer first jobs I played); you have to level a skill to use the rest of them. The skill in question is awful anyway (you only hit one enemy), and it doesn't get any better 2nd job. 4th job just looks like an odd cross between Bowmaster and Marksman. You also get a Genesis... so yeah.
  • EliseElise
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited September 2016
    Of the ones I've played on the list, Corsair. They are repetitive third job, rely too much on RNG, and don't do nearly as much damage as other classes. Plus, they die too easily. They seriously need a revamp. D:.
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    This is purely my own personnal opinion because I know they're quite good, but I've never really gotten into thieves.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    edited September 2016
    Kerqxon
    Kerqxon said:

Gengar
    Gengar said:

umm I main a BM in reboot and they are actually really easy fund early/mid game but they do get hard to fund much latter on( reach 200k and you start dealing 2mil lines on bosses without too much pdr and boss att) and Hurricane is more overpowered than you think it and you add that with arrow Platter and you can Punnel bosses into the ground with little range( you DO NEED ALOT OF RANGE FOR THE ENDGAME BOSSES FOR BMS SO WATCH OUT)
    I forgot to say you NEED LOTS OF MP POTIONS then grinding even worse when bossing.