[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Angelic Buster Normal-Magnus pre-quests bugged?

LiyernLiyern
Reactions: 510
edited December 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Quest not advancing

Brief bug summary:

I was doing the prequests required to get to Normal Magnus as Angelic Buster. Everything went fine untill I finished the quest "Fool's Errand" where you had to take the D-03 Transmitter to the "Forbidden Forest - Secret Merchant Meetup" map. Once there I activated the Transmitter and I got a small piece of dialogue. Atfer that the quest "[Communications] Romero's Beginner Test" popped up in my Maple Mailbox. This quest Involved getting 100 Tamer Whip's from Specter Tamer's, this also went without any problem. Now, after this I got another quest named "[Communications] Romero's Intermediate Test" which requires me to get 1000 Inkwell Coins (He says 1000 in the dialogue), but in the quest it says 50. Now after I started the quest, it immediatley finishes (In the quest tracker it says 0/0, in the quest journal it says Inkwell Coin/50??). But when I click on either ''Finish Quest'' in the quest menu, or click on the quest in "Quests to turn in" window through the Maple Mailbox nothing happens. Right now, I'm unable to continue this questline so I cannot get to Normal Magnus.

More details:

Also, trying to use the transmitter does nothing, only a small piece of text pops up where my character says "The Transmitter's on. I can call the merchants anytime I want now!". Also according to some posts I found through Google, the merchants are supposed to spawn at "Forbidden Forest - Secret Merchant Meet-Up" but they never did for me.

Steps to reproduce:

Try doing the quests I described on an Angelic Buster and see for yourself.

Character name: Eternellia

Character level: 188

Character job: Angelic Buster

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 18-12-2016, 12:01am CET

(mention your time zone if you aren't posting Pacific time)

Comments

• HelteHelte
    Reactions: 610
    edited December 2016
    In case you're still wondering, you aren't meant to do that quest, click the bulb icon and another merchant should be contacting you with the next quest in the chain. I'll admit I was a little confused about this to. The actual bugged quest comes a little later, you'll see.
    PrissyPrissy
  • YohoijjaYohoijja
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2016