[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Feedback Idea: Event Hall Maple Reward Shop item

MineatMineat
Reactions: 1,300
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have an idea to pitch to Nexon. Can they make a way to buy items from Event Hall Shops from far away, like a portable event shop, summoning item or merchant for use in the Maple Rewards Shop? That can be pretty useful to avoid the lag, so Nexon can claim and use the idea anytime.
  1. Would anyone like this idea?3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. No
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    No.

1. It's disgustingly greedy. What next? Premium$$ lag-free channels?
    Nexon needs to fix issues with the game, not find ways to make money off them.
    I know you said "Maple Rewards Shop", but everything in the Rewards Shop is a Cash item - and is available only in very limited quantities in the Rewards shop, while Cash is, of course, unlimited.

2. It's harder to implement than other solutions that were suggested (putting event NPC's in a town, or moving Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin into their own private rooms inside Event Hall), because it requires a Cash item that changes with every new event season. And sometimes we have two shops in Event Hall simultaneously.

3. It won't even solve all the issues for people willing to play, because not all the NPCs we want to access in Event Hall are shops. The Jewelcrafting bunny and his mortar were not a shop, the fireworks maker is not a shop, Mr. Lee is not a shop, and the upcoming Sengoku High NPC is not a shop, either.
    MineatCatoooloooRandomVixen
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2017
    I was thinking about having it in the star quest tab like next to the ToT quest icon. This way players never have to visit the event shop and treat it like a Crusader shop.
    MineatBahamut_XJettLuvsUCatoooloooRandomVixen
  • MineatMineat
    edited January 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    No.

I know you said "Maple Rewards Shop", but everything in the Rewards Shop is a Cash item - and is available only in very limited quantities in the Rewards shop, while Cash is, of course, unlimited.

2. It's harder to implement than other solutions that were suggested (putting event NPC's in a town, or moving Cassandra, Gaga, and Maple Admin into their own private rooms inside Event Hall), because it requires a Cash item that changes with every new event season. And sometimes we have two shops in Event Hall simultaneously.

3. It won't even solve all the issues for people willing to play, because not all the NPCs we want to access in Event Hall are shops. The Jewelcrafting bunny and his mortar were not a shop, the fireworks maker is not a shop, Mr. Lee is not a shop, and the upcoming Sengoku High NPC is not a shop, either.

Geez, I'm only posting to pitch a temporary fix on both ends, not a one-hit wonder....
    They all cannot be solved all at once considering the entire game's/company's size.

• AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017
    Mineat wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    No.

Geez, I'm only posting to pitch a temporary fix on both ends, not a one-hit wonder....
    They all cannot be solved all at once considering the entire game's/company's size.

Hence point 2: it's no easier to do than moving NPC's out. So it's not a quicker fix. And it's a very bad direction for Nexon to even start to go to as "temporary" fix (point 1).
    Mineat
  • MineatMineat
    edited January 2017
    Let's say the NPCs were the cause, because of several internal game factors, like their infrastructures(this case only). Are you telling me it's easy to fix that by moving them out thus slowing the game or making a possibly fatal error in this case? Fixing a game is hard when even consumers count as bugs than players.

There is a line between fun and just satisfactory, when considering a game's overall value. It's the sole reason why gamers love the exploration of the worlds they are in to hunt and solve problems.

At least it's not NX-or-Maple-Point-related, to rile up the mass public. I also would want it to be low priced.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited January 2017
    Let's say the NPCs were the cause, because of several internal game factors, like their infrastructures(this case only). Are you telling me it's easy to fix that by moving them out thus slowing the game or making a possibly fatal error in this case? Fixing a game is hard when even consumers count as bugs than players.

There is a line between fun and just satisfactory, when considering a game's overall value. It's the sole reason why gamers love the exploration of the worlds they are in to hunt and solve problems.

At least it's not NX-or-Maple-Point-related, to rile up the mass public. I also would want it to be low priced.
    But we do know what the issue is, and it has nothing to do with where the NPC's are placed. The issue stems from the 3 NPC's in question that constantly check the clock for certain dates for a change of appearance for certain events (or search your inventory or quest log for certain event items or events that you have done), moving them to their own hole will prevent the lag that happens when they do this constant checking and searching when you go into the event hall.

they do not need to sell / profit from an item to get around this issue that they created with their own coding failure, nor should they be scummy enough to think they can.

Lets not forget (or maybe you didn't know) that the Event Hall was created and released so they could remove the 3 NPC's from every town due to their terrible lag years ago, and have them contained in one place that, at the time, was unused/no one needed frequent access to, as at the time, they still continued to put event NPC's and shops in Key towns like Leafre and Henesys and sometimes even ToT. They ended up messing up that win/win with wanting to use the event hall to be the only place to access event NPC's, Now they need to put the 3 cursed NPC's 1 more layer deeper so we do not need to be hindered by their lag
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2017

But we know it's not the seasonal shop NPC's causing the lag. It's the permanent residents of Event Hall (Cassandra, Maple Admin, and Gaga).

• MineatMineat
    edited February 2017
    I only gave a fictional example. Worrying about it proves that siding with the majority of players while not attempting to encourage good ones may be your thing. I get that you and I want a fixed post-MS(with its old history) and that this forum reincarnated 3 times, but it does not have to end there.