[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

DA's "Exceed:Execution" should hit more mobs

BlackLionXBlackLionX
Reactions: 200
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I have a demon avenger main (lvl 200) and it kinda bothers me to use Lunar Slash to kill mobs (since that one hits 10 at the same time) and it shocked me when i got the 4th advancement that now i could only hit 2 with little dmg difference. I think Nexon should change it to at least say 6 but my goal is to hit 8 or 10 with Execution i mean thats how it used to be before as far as i remember. Also it would be better to match it a little with Thousand Swords that hits 14 mobs and deals a lot more damage. Execution is underpowered i my opinion.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    BlackLionX wrote: »
    I have a demon avenger main (lvl 200) and it kinda bothers me to use Lunar Slash to kill mobs (since that one hits 10 at the same time) and it shocked me when i got the 4th advancement that now i could only hit 2 with little dmg difference. I think Nexon should change it to at least say 6 but my goal is to hit 8 or 10 with Execution i mean thats how it used to be before as far as i remember. Also it would be better to match it a little with Thousand Swords that hits 14 mobs and deals a lot more damage. Execution is underpowered i my opinion.

They were planning ahead when they nerfed execution, for 5th job. imagine how busted execution would be with the blood feast or frenzy and it hit more than 1 mob, hits 2 but I see why they changed it up. Before I had agreed with this point, but now that I think about it. It makes sense. Unless they add a skill to turn execution into a single target skill like other warriors have
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Doesn't it partially ignore enemy def? Would be busted getting an op skill that hits 8+ targets, ignores def and does like 1500% dmg.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited May 2017
    Doesn't it partially ignore enemy def? Would be busted getting an op skill that hits 8+ targets, ignores def and does like 1500% dmg.

It did used to hit around 6-8
  • BlackLionXBlackLionX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Now i understand that execution ignores defense and it could be used as a bossing skill, making DA a bossing class. But the thing is that I feel DA a little underpowered overall compared to my other characters like for example Kinesis that is considered a bossing class due to some of its skills and its damage, but his 4th job main skill (which by the way is only an upgrade to his 3rd job skill) does hit more mobs, which either akes kinesis overpowered or DA underpowered you tell me.
  • BlackLionXBlackLionX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    the thing is before it used to hit 8 mobs and it changed long before 5th job. Nexon realized it fucked up and tried to give DA more damage (that in my opinion increases at an unfair rate, in a negative way) and still DA is now more of a bossing class, leaving it a little behind on mobbing
  • BlackLionXBlackLionX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    DeeMon wrote: »
    People were complaining that Demon Avenger didn't have a proper bossing skill and not enough number of attacks because of the previous damage cap crap. Execution's range was bad for mobbing anyway, Lunar Slash was loads better, used it all the way to 210.
    Doesn't matter if you think Demon Avenger is underpowered because of this one skill compared to other classes, put more funding into it and use the proper mobbing skill that you're suppose to use. Or play however you like, I don't care.
    The most mobs Execution could hit was 6, not 8, dood. Perhaps you should play an I/L Arch Mage or Luminous or even an Aran.

If you dont care why do you comment? Nexon ban toxic players
  • SaekiSenpaiSaekiSenpai
    Reactions: 1,175
    edited May 2017
    Sad fact of life: If you can't deal with toxic players, don't post your opinion on the internet. There's always gonna be at least one.
  • LordOfNightLordOfNight
    Reactions: 925
    edited May 2017
    To be blunt, Execution is fine the way it is and should not be changed. The problem for DA's before they changed execution was that there was a lack of bossing skill. Of course, you could combine Execution and Nethershield but it was not enough to match up to other classes. Now that they buffed execution at the cost of decreasing the enemies hit to 2 (3 for 5th job skill boost), it is better than ever and should not be changed back to a semi-mobbing skill. DA's do not need anymore mobbing skills as using Lunar Slash, Nethershield, Nether Slice, Thousand Swords, Demon Strike, Demonic Frenzy and the upcoming Blood Feast should be sufficient enough. Try to mix up your gameplay as oppose to relying only on one skill.
    JettLuvsUDarkPassenger
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited May 2017
    You should get that one legendary inner ability that allows multi target skills to hit an additional mob, and if it also gives +1 target when getting the level 50 enhancement node for it then get that too for a total of 4 mobs hit
  • BlackLionXBlackLionX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    hmmmm... toxic players will always be there thats a fact. i can agree with the fact that there are other ways to mob. truth be told i used to play another version of maplestory (it doesn't exist anymore, since a long time ago) and things were different there, and it kind of shocked me the sudden decrease in the number of targets for the main skill of my favorite class. i guess its better this way. thank you all. hail maplestory
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AznboiE wrote: »
    You should get that one legendary inner ability that allows multi target skills to hit an additional mob, and if it also gives +1 target when getting the level 20 enhancement node for it then get that too for a total of 4 mobs hit

FTFY.
    And there's also Monster Life's Pipsqueak Light Lumi max farm level reward that does the same effect, allowing Execution to hit up to 5 enemies at a time.
  • BlackLionXBlackLionX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    AznboiE wrote: »
    You should get that one legendary inner ability that allows multi target skills to hit an additional mob, and if it also gives +1 target when getting the level 20 enhancement node for it then get that too for a total of 4 mobs hit

FTFY.
    And there's also Monster Life's Pipsqueak Light Lumi max farm level reward that does the same effect, allowing Execution to hit up to 5 enemies at a time.

wait what and how do i get that. ive heard of monster life before but how does all that work? besides how long would it take me to get that buff?