[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Tints for Tyrants

GeoZakumGeoZakum
Reactions: 1,100
edited June 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hey guys,

So you know how when Hard Magnus dies and drops a bunch of capes there is like no way to tell which are for which class.

Why not have all the tyrant (and maybe nova) items have tints like the Gollux items?

For Gollux each tier has their own tint:
Superior is light green.
Reinforced is light blue.
etc.

I was thinking we give tyrants similar tints like maybe:
Red for warriors
Green for archers
Dark Blue for mages
Purple or some other dark color for thieves
Light blue for Pirates?

Something like that.

This would help mostly people who give out their capes in normal servers and people who do HMag carries in Reboot as well.

The change wouldn't be that big either, just editing the sprites very light.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    The capes are instanced (at least in reboot) so everyone gets a cape for their class...So I would say it really doesn't matter.
  • TimeIordTimeIord
    Reactions: 1,005
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    The capes are instanced (at least in reboot) so everyone gets a cape for their class...So I would say it really doesn't matter.

They're not on the normal servers, having an indicator of their job branch would be really helpful when trying to get multiple people a cape for their class in the same run.

As for the colours that would be used, I think having a consistent theme would be nice and give them the same colours as the upcoming union indicators.
    So Red/Green/Light Blue/Purple/Grey would work quite well I'd say.
  • GeoZakumGeoZakum
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited June 2017
    It would help distinguish them in the coin shop as well, so people don't have double/triple check they don't buy the wrong one. Normal servers, as far as I've seen aren't instanced.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited June 2017
    Maybe instead of tints how about being able to hover over items with a mouse to see what it actually is when it's dropped on the ground?

It'll not only help for Tyrants, but many other look-a-like items such as recipes.

We can also make another change that if the equipment is not for your class it'll have an indicator while it's on the floor.
    SlicedTimeStarshadow
  • LennoxrenolLennoxrenol
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2017
    Oh man I can't wait for this to become a thing! :D
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    One method to make sure you don't take the wrong cape is to use pet item ignore. I know it's not a good solution but it is usable until any changes are made.