[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unscheduled Maintenance compensation?

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    This is the last straw. I am going to switch to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PS4 because I made a promise to a lot of people that I would get the platinum trophy for it and Square-Enix learned their lessons - don't give us shoddy products and patch it to oblivion, just kill your game and reincarnate it in a new game format. We need Maplestory: A Realm Reborn. :p

Not only FFXIV, but I am going to be busy earning platinum trophies in a lot of games over the next 12 months and I cannot spend time with an MMO that constantly has to be shut down for hours and hours just because the programs can't handle the awesome power of the USA computers. Now racist joking aside(I don't care much if I get banned since I am leaving Maplestory soon anyways), Nexon needs to understand that if do not find a way for GMS to stop crashing every time we try to log on, then they need to discontinue GMS and put all of their money on the original KMS because all the hardcore Youtubers and Korean fanboys are the ones paying the NX to keep them from going bankrupt.

I know I am being a Gloomy Gus, but I have no time for foolishness. Actually, it's best I uninstall and quit Maplestory because then I can spend my nights earning trophies in Persona 5 and whatnot which is more time-consuming. My time with Maplestory officially ends once I get the money to buy FFXIV on the PSN store, so they'd better give me heavy compensation. Heck, they ruined my Mega Burning characters and I lost them because those guys didn't get the Frozen Gear, which is vital to surviving Levels 101+!!!

Pssst...do you play on Gilgamesh...or Adamantoise? Play with meeee...
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Sigh... things will never change... more than 2 unscheduled maints within the same 1 day time period, at least one "compensation" thread appears.
    Granted, I understand why this happens. I just... you know, am kinda sick of seeing it coming.
    SuperPikaBros
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    Reactions: 770
    edited June 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    Sigh... things will never change... more than 2 unscheduled maints within the same 1 day time period, at least one "compensation" thread appears.
    Granted, I understand why this happens. I just... you know, am kinda sick of seeing it coming.

Then don't click on the thread? The title is clear, if it bothers you so much that I want compensation for these huge inconveniences, why do you comment?
    SuperPikaBros
  • CaptainStrikerCaptainStriker
    Reactions: 300
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    Time to play league I guess.....
  • Player1Player1
    Reactions: 1,040
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    ;-; i just have a 1 hr 2x coup that expires midnight est and I've been waiting till 11 only to find out that there's an extended maint...
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited June 2017
    All I want for Comp...is my DANG BOXES from TakeOver :T and maybe a couple 2x coupons so I can work on Breakthrough...
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    DankNugs wrote: »

Then don't click on the thread? The title is clear, if it bothers you so much that I want compensation for these huge inconveniences, why do you comment?

I never said I don't like it, I said I'm sick of seeing it coming. I don't like the predictability of it. I've been around long enough to see more than my fair share of "compensation" threads, and I click because I like seeing the things people say in them.
    And then I leave a response like what I said and see what people respond with. Kind of leaving bait for a trap. A really sad excuse for a trap, but hey, you fall you fell. Anyways continue on, about the only compensation I'm expecting is 50 override coins and a 2x exp/drop coupon, maybe something else. Standard compensation.
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    edited June 2017

I never said I don't like it, I said I'm sick of seeing it coming. I don't like the predictability of it. I've been around long enough to see more than my fair share of "compensation" threads, and I click because I like seeing the things people say in them.
    And then I leave a response like what I said and see what people respond with. Kind of leaving bait for a trap. A really sad excuse for a trap, but hey, you fall you fell. Anyways continue on, about the only compensation I'm expecting is 50 override coins and a 2x exp/drop coupon, maybe something else. Standard compensation.

LOL "a trap" he said. Gets some personal satisfaction out of calling people out for their personal opinions.
    Pretty pathetic.
    Plus, the compensation you referred to was all I expected, wasn't asking for some ridiculous free stuff.
  • FaultyFaulty
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2017
    How long do these maintenance's usually go on for?
  • DankNugsDankNugs
    edited June 2017
    I would say unscheduled's usually last 3 hours~ or so. This one is a little different than the average one though, seeing that they've completely butchered the patch and 2 unscheduled in a row, and the community is in an uproar right now. I assume they will take their sweet time to fix the issue so they don't have to do their jobs and help their customers anymore.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2017
    LOL "a trap" he said. Gets some personal satisfaction out of calling people out for their personal opinions.
    Pretty pathetic.
    Plus, the compensation you referred to was all I expected, wasn't asking for some ridiculous free stuff.

I don't think you get what an analogy is, the use of a phrase to clarify definition. Or a conversation, the basis of bringing up a topic for the sake of discussion. Or for that matter assumption, the act of presuming a scenario without any factual basis. I don't get "personal satisfaction" from it, I get a conversation.
    Besides, I've seen ridiculous compensation ideas in the past. The ideas thrown in so far are tame compared to what I've seen and remember.
  • IKizaruIIKizaruI
    Reactions: 530
    edited June 2017
    This is the last straw. I am going to switch to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PS4 because I made a promise to a lot of people that I would get the platinum trophy for it and Square-Enix learned their lessons - don't give us shoddy products and patch it to oblivion, just kill your game and reincarnate it in a new game format. We need Maplestory: A Realm Reborn. :p

Not only FFXIV, but I am going to be busy earning platinum trophies in a lot of games over the next 12 months and I cannot spend time with an MMO that constantly has to be shut down for hours and hours just because the programs can't handle the awesome power of the USA computers. Now racist joking aside(I don't care much if I get banned since I am leaving Maplestory soon anyways), Nexon needs to understand that if do not find a way for GMS to stop crashing every time we try to log on, then they need to discontinue GMS and put all of their money on the original KMS because all the hardcore Youtubers and Korean fanboys are the ones paying the NX to keep them from going bankrupt.

I know I am being a Gloomy Gus, but I have no time for foolishness. Actually, it's best I uninstall and quit Maplestory because then I can spend my nights earning trophies in Persona 5 and whatnot which is more time-consuming. My time with Maplestory officially ends once I get the money to buy FFXIV on the PSN store, so they'd better give me heavy compensation. Heck, they ruined my Mega Burning characters and I lost them because those guys didn't get the Frozen Gear, which is vital to surviving Levels 101+!!!

Sounds like a lot of prior high expectations for Nexon. Meanwhile KMS has stability and content to make up for any mishaps.

On a personal level I see exactly where you're coming from (apart from your 2ndary choice in gaming), being married and working actively at odd hours I like to play some maplestory every now and then, but within the last 2 days regardless of when that time is = maint. At this point it is becoming a brow lifting experience. Psssh, even my husband enjoys this game being the only one that he plays. Me on the other hand, GMS can do all their mess ups as often as they like, I'll be on Dreadnought and EvE.

Moderator Note:

Please follow posting guidelines on the forums. We do not allow talks of drugs and other mature content.