[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Override burning class

KapnFalconKapnFalcon
Reactions: 500
edited July 2017 in General Chat
Hey guys, I'm looking into what class I should burn with the event coming up, and I've narrowed it down to Hayato, Dawn Warrior, or the (for me at least) long awaited revamped Jett. The last character I burned was a Evan, and I definetly had fun with that. With all that, which one of those do you prefer, and why. (A side note, I'm relatively unfunded and cheap but hoping the Frozen set will hold me until I gather enough Meso or am able to farm gear)
  1. Which Class should I Burn?21 votes
    1. Hayato
       33% (7 votes)
    2. Dawn Warrior
       24% (5 votes)
    3. Jett
       43% (9 votes)

Comments

• meatmarameatmara
    Reactions: 100
    edited July 2017
    What does burning a character mean?
  • JettLuvsUJettLuvsU
    Reactions: 2,526
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    meatmara wrote: »

A burning character is a character that is participating in the Burning Project event. ( It will be available on July 5th.)
    Only new characters can participate, I think.
    Once you've created a new character during the event, you will be asked if you would like to burn it.
    Characters that are burning will receive 2 extra levels when leveling up starting from level 10 and ending at level 150.
    More info can be found here.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017

A burning character is a character that is participating in the Burning Project event. ( It will be available on July 5th.)

I think any character from level 1 to 150 can be burned actually. The option to burn a character usually appears under eligible characters during the event period.
    JettLuvsU
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Xenomata wrote: »
    I think any character from level 1 to 150 can be burned actually. The option to burn a character usually appears under eligible characters during the event period.

For the last few burning events, the option was only available for newly created characters. I'd assume this one'll be the same. Seemed like Nexon was retiring the idea of burning any character in the level range.

The text from the last few burning projects (the one Mapler linked to was from a long while ago):
    Nexon wrote:
    Create a brand-new character during the event period and select it to have the special “Burning” effect. After they reach Lv. 10, every time that character levels up they will gain an additional two levels! Keep on leveling all the way up to Lv. 150. This event is open to characters in both Reboot and non-Reboot worlds.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    For the last few burning events, the option was only available for newly created characters. I'd assume this one'll be the same. Seemed like Nexon was retiring the idea of burning any character in the level range.

Ah, got it. A few months of no maple will do that to me...

Anyways, if it were up to me, I'd burn Jett simply because of how fun they are to play once you get better at controlling her mobility. Hayato is a decent choice, but something about him feels slow to me...
    For your lack of meso, Dawn Warrior might be the best option, as unlike Hayato and Jett, they require NO Mastery Books. While burning a character does provide 2 free 20 and 30 books, and many lv 100+ theme dungeons reward you with some form of mastery book, simply not having to worry about it at all may seem appealing. They're pretty strong anyways, so it's not like you sacrifice any damage for sake of convenience.
  • KapnFalconKapnFalcon
    edited July 2017

Once you've created a new character during the event, you will be asked if you would like to burn it.
    Characters that are burning will receive 2 extra levels when leveling up starting from level 10 and ending at level 150.

Just curious, why the vote for Hayato? Like, what's the reasoning for it?
    Xenomata wrote: »
    Fennekin wrote: »

Ah, got it. A few months of no maple will do that to me...

Anyways, if it were up to me, I'd burn Jett simply because of how fun they are to play once you get better at controlling her mobility. Hayato is a decent choice, but something about him feels slow to me...
    For your lack of meso, Dawn Warrior might be the best option, as unlike Hayato and Jett, they require NO Mastery Books. While burning a character does provide 2 free 20 and 30 books, and many lv 100+ theme dungeons reward you with some form of mastery book, simply not having to worry about it at all may seem appealing. They're pretty strong anyways, so it's not like you sacrifice any damage for sake of convenience.

Thanks for the input! Looks like I'm leaning towards Jett, mainly because for now Starfall has zero cooldown making mobbing 4th job insane, and the class always seemed fun to me. Dawn Warrior also looks like a nice class but Cygnus Knight default hair kinda turns me off lol
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2017
    Not sure if you'e already made the character, but I definitely would go with Dawn Warrior. The default Cygnus hair is definitely pretty ugo, but that's really the only draw back.

Hayato can be fun, but needs MAD funding to get anywhere. Cool skills, post 4th job is definitely not slow, especially with 100% perm crit rate post 170.(from hyper)Cool animations but can be pretty doo doo damage early on if you don't have a bunch of link skills.

Jett is....a thing now I guess? They're skills are super flashy but that map spam is the most obnoxious thing. Might as well just give perm Genesis/Meteor/Blizzard back to mages. I'm not all too familiar with Jett's damage output, but i'm sure theres better. Honestly, a novelty class IMO.

DW has 2 stances for various training methods/bossing methods. Pretty good damage, and their abilities are pretty neat without being over the top. Their link skill for Cygnus isn't ...well...the best, but it helps? And just like Xeno said, the no mastery books makes a big difference.
  • KapnFalconKapnFalcon
    edited July 2017
    Andromedy wrote: »
    Not sure if you'e already made the character, but I definitely would go with Dawn Warrior. The default Cygnus hair is definitely pretty ugo, but that's really the only draw back.

Hayato can be fun, but needs MAD funding to get anywhere. Cool skills, post 4th job is definitely not slow, especially with 100% perm crit rate post 170.(from hyper)Cool animations but can be pretty doo doo damage early on if you don't have a bunch of link skills.

Jett is....a thing now I guess? They're skills are super flashy but that map spam is the most obnoxious thing. Might as well just give perm Genesis/Meteor/Blizzard back to mages. I'm not all too familiar with Jett's damage output, but i'm sure theres better. Honestly, a novelty class IMO.

DW has 2 stances for various training methods/bossing methods. Pretty good damage, and their abilities are pretty neat without being over the top. Their link skill for Cygnus isn't ...well...the best, but it helps? And just like Xeno said, the no mastery books makes a big difference.

No mastery books DOES sound nice... and at this point I've ruled out Hayato and probably Jett as well, considering they are getting nerfed soon(makes sense with their ksing spamming). DW may be a good choice here. I've also considered Night Lord or another thief class. I know they need funding, which eventually I can probably take care of, but would the Frozen Gear set help at all with making one worth it? Like, would the Frozen set hold me down as a thief until I can get, lets say, Fafnir?
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2017
    KapnFalcon wrote: »
    Andromedy wrote: »

No mastery books DOES sound nice... and at this point I've ruled out Hayato and probably Jett as well, considering they are getting nerfed soon(makes sense with their ksing spamming). DW may be a good choice here. I've also considered Night Lord or another thief class. I know they need funding, which eventually I can probably take care of, but would the Frozen Gear set help at all with making one worth it? Like, would the Frozen set hold me down as a thief until I can get, lets say, Fafnir?

Right now the Override set is better than frozen iirc. A thief class is always a great option as well. The bossing potential is definitely better. Just depends on your play style more at the end of the day.