[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please fix key weighting

Nick008Nick008
Reactions: 925
edited August 2017 in General Chat
I remember Maplestory fixed a bunch of skill that could be key weighted a while back. Maplestory is not done with this topic! There are still skills that are being abused. Can we compile a list of skills that need to be revamped/fixed? Here are mine:

Kanna - Ether Pulse
Kanna - Kishin Shoukan

Please help reduce the amount of key weighters / botters!
Thank-you!
JettLuvsU

Comments

• RumbleDuckRumbleDuck
    Reactions: 300
    edited August 2017
    Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad

just because people are hacking and nexon doesnt do anything about it, doesnt mean that they should nerf an already terrible class
  • Nick008Nick008
    edited August 2017
    I'm not asking for a nerf - I don't see how not being able to hold down a key for prolonged periods of time is a nerf.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    It's perfectly legitimate to be able to hold down (with your own finger, of course) Ether Pulse with Blackhearted Curse to train or farm, it's quite effective. But if they really wanted to deter people from just weighing the key down, they could just have a second version of Ether Pulse when Blackhearted Curse is active. There's quite a few precedents for this, like enhanced Raging Blow when Enrage or some other skills are active for Heroes, even in the past, turning Kaiser's jump into a teleport when transformed. They could simply change it to only teleport forward, or make it a flash jump, or something else entirely. There would probably still be a lot of potential for key weight botting, but it should be more in line with doing it with most of the other skills, rather than the ease you could perform it now.
    Nick008
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2017
    He is referring to leaving an object on the key, usually space bar, and then doing something else on a different device. i believe nexon still frowns upon this
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    He is referring to leaving an object on the key, usually space bar, and then doing something else on a different device. i believe nexon still frowns upon this

I've had a friend get banned for that...so yeah. They already ban people for doing it.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I thought that the no damage mechanism works against the key weighting.

JettLuvsU
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    I thought that the no damage mechanism works against the key weighting.

The damage only stops if you don't move, but Ether Pulse moves you constantly. Plus, hurricane skills are exempt from the rule.
    Nick008
  • Nick008Nick008
    edited August 2017
    I remember they made key weighting impossible in some maps by adding new platforms to the map. First drill hall and second drill hall both received new platforms because of this problem.

Can we use a similar solution for the current key weighting problems?

For example, add empty (so it does not effect legitimate players) platform in ghost ship so that ether pulse will often teleport there.

CigraeJettLuvsU