[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maple chat?

St0rmbomSt0rmbom
Reactions: 470
edited September 2017 in General Chat
Does anyone really ever go on Maple Chat? I've been going on randomly for the past two weeks just to see if I can make some friends but I'd be waiting for someone else to enter for at least an hour at a time then I'd just quit. Is there any other social tools that users are actually taking advantage of? Is the social aspect of the game just gone now or could it just be that certain worlds (Windia) are vastly underpopulated?

Comments

• AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    People don't use maple chat anymore, they never really did unless it was for a quest.
    Maple chat doesn't = maple social.
    People socialize mostly with friends and guilds now.
  • St0rmbomSt0rmbom
    edited September 2017
    Albinorock wrote: »
    People don't use maple chat anymore, they never really did unless it was for a quest.

I figured as much, I just need to find out how to actually make friends or something LOL

I was on yesterday and I saw maybe one conversation going on and everyone else was basically afk or just passing through but it could have just been the timing and location too
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2017
    maple isnt the best to make new friends now as it used to be
  • St0rmbomSt0rmbom
    edited September 2017
    maple isnt the best to make new friends now as it used to be

Yeah, that's what it seems like nowadays. I mean, it's still fun to play for sure but I definitely wish the social aspect was stronger
    edited September 2017
    it's not so much the game, but the player base now. The younger/newer people are more anti social than the older players from before.
    The thing that really makes it more so is the meme factor, how the playerbase now speaks in memes and all that. sounds like a joke but it's psychology.
  • AlbinorockAlbinorock
    Reactions: 2,205
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017
    If you're in Scania add me
    St0rmbom wrote: »

I figured as much, I just need to find out how to actually make friends or something LOL

I was on yesterday and I saw maybe one conversation going on and everyone else was basically afk or just passing through but it could have just been the timing and location too

If you're in Scania add me?:0 I'll msg you my ign if ur in scania, dont want trolls adding me.
    edited September 2017

If you're in Scania add me?:0 I'll msg you my ign if ur in scania, dont want trolls adding me.

OP is in windia
  • St0rmbomSt0rmbom
    edited September 2017

OP is in windia

Oh yes but I also have a few characters in Scania too from my relapse last year LOL but yeah message me for sure and I'll hop on there!