[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MapleStory SOLO-> Journey with Friends

SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
Reactions: 1,185
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, since I started playing again (1.5year ago) I saw that MapleStory is more and more becoming a solo game, instead of the great journey B) with friends it once was.
And I feel like that really hurts the game(play). You see other players, here and there, but partying for training is a no-go at the moment (unless it is blatantly for EXP boosts etc. ofcourse.).

What if we change this, let's say, we give players an EXP boost when multiple players are training in a party?

And I hear you thinking "Then people would just AFK in maps and leach EXP". The solution to this is to combine both players' mob kills, and give them the EXP once both players kill the same mob once.
To further explain this, meaning that killing 1 mob on character number 1 won't give EXP, UNTILL the other, character number 2, also kills 1 of the same mob. The EXP given when both players kill 1 of the same mob will be much greater (depending on party size) then when you kill twice of the same mob yourself.
And maybe on top of this, add a slightly higher spawn-rate (depending on party size), so you both have enough mobs to kill.

This would definitly change the play-style of alot of players and this would be benificial to all players, making a journey with friends is much better then alone, that's what MapleStory is all about!

-Brandonnn
ChingTheMonkey

Comments

• ChingTheMonkeyChingTheMonkey
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, that's always been my biggest complaint about recent MS
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited September 2017
    people can't leech anymore since the Override patch that prevents you from getting exp if you are not actively hunting while in the party, so that's not a problem, and party do get an exp bonus for partying up on any map, the real issue is that nexon decided to nerf the exp you get from mob kills if partied up with anyone, if nexon removed that, then people would be partying up on maps and not just soloing maps, but because of the exp reduction when in a party, nobody wants to party up when training.

you have a nice suggestion, but it's not what's gona fix the solo training or solo mentality of the game, and the leech issue has been addressed. What can fix the solo training is the removal of exp reduction while in a party.
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited September 2017
    why dont they simply encourge players to get involved in party quest? Like good amount of exp or better rewards.
    I mean this solo bs system has ruined everything. There is no social aspect in this game anymore.
    as long as you have perfect gears or simply put cube and get good lines you can solo everything.
    At least, make party quest great again.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017
    Friendly bump for attention :#