[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cleanup Global MapleStory a little bit

PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
Reactions: 3,195
Member, Private Tester
edited September 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know it's a lot to ask, but when 5th job came to gms we didn't get the new quick move button (big blue one) and we still have the black/gold triangle arrow to the left of the screen to hide the light bulb and quest notifers.

this should have been removed in 5th job update( Overall it's not only cosmetic but it should clean up the game files and code as well)
maybe you could try to recode Global Maple Story a little bit.
i mean it's really annoying to disconnect every time i exit out of the cash shop, change channel, or even before i can choose a channel after selecting a world.

Please, GlobalMapleStoryTeam try to clean up Gms a little so we could play a smoother game overall, i'm not a coder so i don't know how hard/easy it is, considiring it's a 14 year old game ( it's stared from kms ) but still a little effort will only do good.

i mean we have so much duplicates of the same item ex: power elixirs we have like 7 of those untradeable or tradeable and they won't stack. because they are a different items altogether (code wise or idk) and we also have a lot of items that are in the game Database that take a Huge amount of resources from both the game and the pc.
so just please, try to clean up gms a little so we can have a better experience while playing the game.

in the end we all just want a nice and smoothe playing experience like the people from kms have, we want to play the game without disconncting or crushing or any other bugs.

and if you decide to clean up gms's code on the way you would solve a lot of older/newer bugs, so it benefits everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to read all of this.
  1. Should the GMS Team try to Recode the game or at least clean it up a bit ?16 votes
    1. Yes i would love to able to have a smooth experience like in KMS
       81% (13 votes)
    2. No it's to hard for them, they will mess up the game even more then it already is now
       19% (3 votes)

Comments

• SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017
    So how will they apply patches from KMS when they re-wrote most of the code? It will cause more bugs then fixes
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited September 2017
    So how will they apply patches from KMS when they re-wrote most of the code? It will cause more bugs then fixes

Either I'm misunderstanding, or maybe I'm just tired, but I don't really see how this is an issue? GMS constantly applies patches from KMS. After all, that's where most of our updates are coming from.
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited September 2017

Either I'm misunderstanding, or maybe I'm just tired, but I don't really see how this is an issue? GMS constantly applies patches from KMS. After all, that's where most of our updates are coming from.

And how long does it take for a KMS patch comes to GMS? Think about why it takes that long.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2017

And how long does it take for a KMS patch comes to GMS? Think about why it takes that long.

Because the code is spaghetti hence why we need a code cleanup.

We don't just get patches from KMS but from TMS,CMS,JMS As well, That is why the code is in such a bad shape, AKA why the game has so manny bugs/glitches. ( all the Commerci,Gollux,Monster Codex and Totems are from JMS And TMS Respectively.

Also that's the reason why every time that they add/remove something 20 things breaks and 5 things are fixed.

and the game has been coded differently for the past 14 years in KMS and 12 Years in GMS , + all the extra content from the other regions just adds to the mess.

i mean they can try to cleanup the code, but it would take a huge amount of resources and time, in the end it would only do good.

but i don't know if kms cares enough about gms to even try and help out with this.

i hope they do. :)