[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Customize the print size & chat colours in Game

ange1DoIIange1DoII
Reactions: 1,495
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hi, I probably am the only one who is going to suggest this, but Nexon should have an option in maplestory to be able to change colour of the chat & for players who struggle to see the print, be able to change the size of the print of the chat log. Maybe I am the only player who has struggles reading the chat log in game, or maybe there are people out there like me, who knows? This is just a suggestion. I have been playing since 2006, but recently been wondering why maple chat log in game shouldn't be able to change size of the print in game chat or the customize the print size & chat colours? I know it maybe hard to do this, and I understand if it cannot be done? Coding would be able to help its only a small thing compared to what things have already been done in game. I mean, you can change the size of the game window, what wouldn't it hurt by changing the print size and font colours that you feel that you can see yourself? think about the whisper colour and think maybe we could be able to change the colour? the buddy chat colour? it could be changed too.... I know maybe i might get negative feedback about it but why not a suggestion like this? They're able to do "Larger" print if we do events or side stories why not in normal chat?

This is only a suggestion.....
  1. Should Nexon be allowed to let their players Customize their own chat log Front size & Colour?10 votes
    1. yes
       80% (8 votes)
    2. no
       20% (2 votes)

Comments

• KerBansotKerBansot
    Reactions: 1,635
    edited October 2016
    I agree. There are only 4 of us max in our guild but we decided to make a mule guild to ally with just so we're not restricted to guild chat which we can barely read.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2016
    As someone who is slightly color blind to grayish purples...I approve of this. I can barely read Guild chat and Spouse chat in certain maps.
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I am not colour blind, but I have vision issues, which restricts me from seeing small print on the computer. I have put a ticket into nexon themselves but they got me to write this in suggestions to see what everyone else thinks.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    High-resolution screens make this an issue for everyone. Since the text size is a fixed number of pixels, it becomes too tiny to comfortably read in windowed mode on small screens with many pixels in them.
    So, yes, we should at the very least be given the ability to select (in System Options) "Text size: [] Normal [] Bigger [] Biggest"
    But fully flexible customization would be nice, too.
    ange1DoII
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    AKradian
    AKradian said:

High-resolution screens make this an issue for everyone. Since the text size is a fixed number of pixels, it becomes too tiny to comfortably read in windowed mode on small screens with many pixels in them.
    So, yes, we should at the very least be given the ability to select (in System Options) "Text size: [] Normal [] Bigger [] Biggest"
    But fully flexible customization would be nice, too.
    that's how i was trying to put it :D but didn't have the words for it at the time.

• TrueMirokuTrueMiroku
    Reactions: 900
    I found this topic because of the fact that I was looking for a solution to this issue. As I do not like playing in Full screen mode.