[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x Coupons and MSEA

Player1Player1
Reactions: 1,040
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2017 in General Chat
I hear people talking about the recent 2x coupon bug that occurs when you change channels and even though it may be a cool thing its possible to have a repeat of MSEA and their "Abuse of glitches and bugs" rule break.
But I believe that it shouldn't end with a ban for players who use more than 4 coupons for several reasons.
1) The 2x coupons only last 1 day so even if they got 40 hours worth they can only use them until the next reset
2) No one is really getting hurt here unlike the MSEA incident that happened with unlimited maple points. There is an obvious problem that people can buy plenty of things with those maple points while 2x just gives double exp.
3) The coupons don't stack. Although i wish it could, obviously you can't stack 2x coupons obtained from today's sunday event with any other exp coupons.
4) It will just be like a whole day of 2x but without the drop

Comments

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2017
    true, this isn't super broken that will affect the game economy
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited November 2017
    I'm freaking out right now. We aren't going to get banned for having these, right?
  • Player1Player1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    I'm freaking out right now. We aren't going to get banned for having these, right?

i doubt that would be the case as beef said above it wont affect the game's economy in any way so i would think you should just treat it like another day of 2x. if they do ban us then that would be the end of this game

ive already used about 6 cuz i died 2 times using 2 of them ;-;
    edited November 2017
    Player1 wrote: »

i doubt that would be the case as beef said above it wont affect the game's economy in any way so i would think you should just treat it like another day of 2x. if they do ban us then that would be the end of this game

ive already used about 6 cuz i died 2 times using 2 of them ;-;

I guess you're right, they'd have to ban everyone, wouldn't they?
  • DaisukeHarutoDaisukeHaruto
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited November 2017
    well not chancing it myself. Not that I had plans to get on Maple this late.
    But don't think it's so much of a bad exploit, it's not like getting something you could sell... that would be a bad exploit.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017

You're not going to be banned. The coupons will expire before the weekend's over anyways.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2017
    Also if it was super broken, they would have done something real quick, but they laying on the back burner just like the Dream Defender thing
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    unless it's be design where Sunday is all day 2x exp, and they made it so we get coupons instead of an actual event, but thats like a 49% probability
  • AK712AK712
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited November 2017
    Meanwhile, in Nameless Town...

riZYYJV.png
    HippoopiDarkZettapandabunniesPetalmagicSlicedTimeBeefdarikMageOfBattlesDaisukeHarutoRennn
  • Player1Player1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Congrats guys I'm not banned :D I used like 30 of them lol
    edited November 2017

Me too, guess I was worried for nothing.
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017

Arwoo confirmed on the Discord that there isn't any punishment from this exploit.
  • Player1Player1
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017

Arwoo confirmed on the Discord that there isn't any punishment from this exploit.

well it was only 1 days worth of exp coupons no matter how many one person had .-. I'm actually hoping they could continue doing that same event again