[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Realized you can't play Maple on a macbook air RIP

TrestBlazeTrestBlaze
Reactions: 900
edited November 2017 in Off-Topic Discussion
Yea just realized but i know you can make a virtual machine to help with that. I worry about if it will slow down my mac over time and if there are any errors coming my way. I just want maple/other games to be accessed by both engines and I thought nexon had already spread out their reach for mac users but I guess expected it incorrectly. I just got this macbook for schoolwork and i was going to play on this since my own pc is tremendously slow and old too.

Comments

• CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited November 2017
    maplestory uses windows only resources, and would require recoding the whole game to make it compatible for mac/unix systems
    Gory
  • TheaPusTheaPus
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2017
    I feel the same way, got a MAC for school work too. Saving up for another laptop atm so I don´t have to play maplestory on my mothers computer t-t
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited November 2017
    You could always use Boot Camp to install Windows alongside your current Mac OS.
    Nightcrawl3r
  • LagTooMuchLagTooMuch
    Reactions: 1,985
    edited November 2017
    Mac 2 overated.
    with that price you can buy a lot better spec desktop or laptop. wat a rip off.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2017
    LagTooMuch wrote: »
    Mac 2 overated.
    with that price you can buy a lot better spec desktop or laptop. wat a rip off.

Yep.