[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Duplicates in CashShop

LiableLiable
Reactions: 400
edited October 2016 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Cash Shop related

Brief bug summary: Items in cash shop being duplicated but not removable

More details:

Patched client and found myself unable to purchase any cash items because of the "You have ordered too many items" error. Basically meaning that I have reached the cap (999) of Cash items in my inventory plus Cash inventory. I am pretty certain I still had space in my cash inventory prior to the current patch.

Upon further review I found out that I have duplicates of already owned cash items. If I try to pull out the same item twice I get the following error: http://i.imgur.com/aFs0RW0.png

I am only able to pull one copy of the item but I can visually see two copies of the item.

I don't know what has caused it but it's clogging up my cash inventory space with un-claimable items and I can not purchase anything.

From quick observation, I don't see any other reports of this. Is it a known bug or should I be pursuing with a ticket?

[Edit] Found out I can still receive gifts and that any new items into my CS gets duplicated in the same manner. One real copy, one fake copy that doesnt leave my CS. Once the item is consumed the other duplicate in CS disappears as well.

[Addendum] I can't receive EXP coups as a gift because I'm above lv 200, but I can still receive most giftable items.

[Addendum #2] Credit to my bored and curious friend it seems like the item "duplication" problem exists for CS that have more than 200 items. The first few rows of items do not duplicate. The rows vary depending on each CS and the amount of items they have but is probably proportional to the amount of items in the CS.

Steps to reproduce: Uncertain of the cause

Character name: Elufu

Character level: 242

Character job: Mercedes

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: 00:00, 2016 October 16

Comments

• CaughtByLoveCaughtByLove
    Reactions: 1,700
    edited October 2016
    Bug type: cash shop
    Brief bug summary: I'm unable to buy anything from the cash shop. Every time I try to purchase an item, this error shows up:
    I only tried to buy 1 item.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1) go into cash shop
    2) try to buy something
    3) you can't.
    Character name: Eistrale
    Character level: 200
    Character job: Ice/Lightning ArchMage
    World name: Bera
    Date and time of the incident: 10/19/2016 6:17 PM EST

EDIT: Additional Cash Shop duping glitch...
    1) Double click any item in the cash shop
    2) A "duplicate" of the item will show up, double click it.
    3) The error is shown, the duplicate item cannot be transferred into my equipment inventory.
    edited October 2016
    Getting the same issue here.
    Edit: submitted a ticket last night, got a reply. They told me to do a full shutdown and of course that didn't work. lol.
  • JustaNerdlingJustaNerdling
    Reactions: 415
    edited October 2016
    I've got the same issue too. And I found a random broomstick PermNX item in there, as well. I did notice I can buy things in other characters though.
    edited October 2016
    JustaNerdling

I've got the same issue too. And I found a random broomstick PermNX item in there, as well. I did notice I can buy things in other characters though.
    My Bichon Paw weapon got changed into the broomstick weapon.
    edited October 2016
    CaughtByLove

JustaNerdling

Yeah now that I searched that's what mine is. And i've also heard other friends of mine saying it's happened to them, too. I just hope it's resolved rather quickly so I can buy the sale Halloween NX like the body suits and masks before they leave the cash shop.
    edited October 2016
    JustaNerdling

CaughtByLove

JustaNerdling

Yeah now that I searched that's what mine is. And i've also heard other friends of mine saying it's happened to them, too. I just hope it's resolved rather quickly so I can buy the sale Halloween NX like the body suits and masks before they leave the cash shop.
    I really hope so too. I won't be able to play for the next two weeks and I want the name change coupon.

• LiableLiable
    edited October 2016
    JustaNerdling

I already own a permanent broomstick from 2 years ago or so and it doesn't look like I gained another one. May or may not be a separate CS issue.

And yea, I can also buy things on different characters on the same account.
  • Sweetheart123Sweetheart123
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2016
    ahh is that where i got the witches staff ?
    it was my bichonpaw?
    i was wondering where in the world that came from LOL
  • iBeariBear
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    CaughtByLove

JustaNerdling

CaughtByLove

JustaNerdling

I really hope so too. I won't be able to play for the next two weeks and I want the name change coupon.

The same is happening to me. I don't know if you are trying to change the name of the character you have the cash shop issue with but the name change coupon worked for one of my characters. You can try to purchase it and see if it works. Your nx won't be consumed unless the name change is complete.

edited October 2016
    The swearing filter was fixed, but not the cash shop problems refusing me access to things in the "last chance" section that last usually only one or hopefully two weeks. :(
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    Pimppi said:

ahh is that where i got the witches staff ?
    it was my bichonpaw?
    i was wondering where in the world that came from LOL
    Same thing happening to me too..that's why i wonder : How the heck I got Witch Staff in my CS. Because i didn't buy Premium SSB that could give u Witch Staff .

I want my Bichon PAW!!!

edited October 2016
    lol. of course this is ignored.
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    CaughtByLove

I wrote a new thread to report the bug about the Bichon Paw. Because this thread is about the duplicate in the CS shop.
    edited October 2016
    Arwen
    Arwen said:

CaughtByLove

I wrote a new thread to report the bug about the Bichon Paw. Because this thread is about the duplicate in the CS shop.
    I'm just very disappointed about not being able to purchase anything because of this x999 error.
    edited October 2016
    Bug type: Cash Shop Glitch

Brief bug summary: Everytime I try to buy something from the cash shop I get a message "Too many orders made :999" although I have much space left.

More details: It's a bit of a big deal for me at least considering the last chance and name change items only being in the cash shop for a week.

Character name: Vixie

Character level: 208

Character job: Night Lord

World name: Mardia

Date and time of the incident: Yesterday afternoon right after the patch ended and today at multiple times. It's central time.

(Sorry I didn't look at the bug posting format until just now) x-x
  • LiableLiable
    edited October 2016
    Issue still exists after the October 20 Minor Patch.
  • pommepouffepommepouffe
    Reactions: 1,660
    edited October 2016
    Friend is experiencing this issue also.

Please fix this soon Nexon. Affected players literally cannot purchase anything in the Cash Shop. This means they're potentially missing out on any time-limited sales/style rotations, as well as being inconvenienced by being unable to purchase 2x buffs/cubes/etc.
    edited October 2016
    Hopefully it will be taken care of soon. I haven't heard anything from anyone but players affected by it talking about it.
  • RlorsterRlorster
    Reactions: 630
    edited October 2016
    Talk about ruining my expectations. -_-
    Of course it's Nexon's minor problems. I buy a 10k card just so I can freaking watch the name change go by.......I'M FREAKING MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I thought maybe gifting is an option.....nope to that too.
    edited October 2016
    Well I sent a ticket in hopes of getting it addressed because if anything it's unfair.