[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ludibrium monsters (Thanatos) still drops m/books

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited June 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug? Type: Monster Drops / outdated drop table (not sure if this is a bug though)

Brief Summary: Thanatos (Forbidden Passage) drops old mastery books from when 4th job was first introduced (e.g Berserk for Dark Knight was dropped today)

Character : Ackèrman

Job: Blaster

Level: At the time 12x-130ish

World : Reboot

Time of incident: Late afternoon

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Just my opinion, but don't think it's a bug, cause I know there's another way you can consistently get old mastery books. Can't remember for the life of me, but will repost when I dig around and remember (think it was either a repeatable quest or some box you can farm somewhere).
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Just my opinion, but don't think it's a bug, cause I know there's another way you can consistently get old mastery books. Can't remember for the life of me, but will repost when I dig around and remember (think it was either a repeatable quest or some box you can farm somewhere).

more instances of a bug doesn't make it not a bug.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    chooz wrote: »

Fair, but don't the the red/black mastery books were added to replace the original mastery books like flames replaced nebs. Think it was more of an easier alternative like spell traces and scrolls.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    chooz wrote: »

Fair, but don't the the red/black mastery books were added to replace the original mastery books like flames replaced nebs. Think it was more of an easier alternative like spell traces and scrolls.

No. The old books cannot be used to level up skills anymore (it just doesn’t apply), so it is essentially a useless drop to receive.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Mira wrote: »

No. The old books cannot be used to level up skills anymore (it just doesn’t apply), so it is essentially a useless drop to receive.

Odd, I thought if you used it, it changes it to the red/black mastery books. I must be remembering wrong/they might have changed it at some point. Then ya, it's probably a bug and disregard my original comment.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited June 2018
    Mira wrote: »

Odd, I thought if you used it, it changes it to the red/black mastery books. I must be remembering wrong/they might have changed it at some point. Then ya, it's probably a bug and disregard my original comment.

ah, yeah, I tried using one I had for Wild Arrow Blast (Wild Hunter) few months ago, and it failed. Given that they don't have success rates.
    YinYangX