[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Phantom and Shadow Partner

xXAkatsukiXxxXAkatsukiXx
Reactions: 640
Since most thief classes have some form of shadow partner, I believe that Phantoms should have one as well. Phantom has 3 hurricane skills (hold down the key skills). The hurricane skills can then be canceled by using another skill and leaving behind a phantom image that continues to hold down the hurricane skill for the remaining duration. For example, Phantoms can use their "Luck of the Draw" 5th job hurricane skill, and soon after, use "Tempest" to create an image that finishes using the "Luck of the Draw". They can also cancel "Tempest" using "Mille Aiguilles" and leave behind another image, thus having 2 images and one character model attacking.

Before people start saying that this is broken and that Phantom already has lots of lines, let me remind you that the cool down for "Tempest" is 18 seconds (12 with the hyper) and the cool down for the 5th job is 150 seconds. I don't even believe that Phantoms have the most lines, and even if it does, the lack of skill % damage balances it out. "What Phantom lacks in damage, versatility and utility more than makes up for it". Although I am all for Phantoms getting more damage, it isn't exactly what I am aiming for. I am si

Carte Noir/Carte Blanche, one of the main damage of phantom, only procs per skill hit, not per line, so it isn't really up to par with Shadow Partner. It is more like a guaranteed Final Attack. The phantom image that I am talking about should also be able to produce Carte Noir/Carte Blanche of their own. If that is too strong, then make the image do 70% (or something around there) of the main skill's damage. This skill (passive) was also nerfed indirectly by the slowing of "Frozen Orb" and "Arrow Platter". The amount of procs that "Frozen Orb" and "Arrow Platter" made for "Carte Noir/Carte Blanche" was great. That is the main reason why Nexon moved those card procs to "Luck of the Draw". The mentioned 5th job looks exactly like how "Carte Noir/Carte Blanche" looks when it is being proc'ed continuously by "Frozen Orb" or "Arrow Platter".

The phantom shadow partner/image that I am talking about should also apply to any hurricane skills that Phantom steals. If the skill goes on indefinitely, then have the phantom shadow partner/image last for a set duration (longer than Tempest, maybe 15 seconds). The phantom shadow partner/image should be stationary.

I am a Phantom main (level 223), so my opinion is a bit biased. I just think that Phantoms are super lack-luster at the moment. They are a bossing class, so it should be that they don't have much mobbing. 5th job, in my opinion, was meant to be a balancer for classes. One skill enhances their job (bossing or mobbing) and the other helps out with the lack of bossing/mobbing. With the recent changes in KMS, Phantom receives yet another teleport (or dash?) and more bossing (which prompted me to write this).

"What Phantom lacks in damage, versatility and utility more than makes up for it". Although I am all for Phantoms getting more damage, it isn't exactly what I am aiming for: the numbers don't have to change. I am just stating the fact that Phantom, "the greatest thief who ever lived", one of the "Six Heroes" of the maple world, should have some form of shadow partner.

Comments

• GummiBareGummiBare
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2018
    Yes. I main phantom and it should also have some thief skills. It has pretty much none. The only thief skill is Skill Swipe, and even that is pretty useless. We need some things like Extra Mesos, Being Able To Have a Dash That Steals Drop Items From Mobs, etc.
  • AlkobyAlkoby
    Reactions: 830
    edited July 2018
    Just play an explorer then.
    Phantom was design to be a different thief class. It's uniqueness it is what makes him stand out from other thief classes.
    Its like saying lets give ark SI cause his a knuckle pirate.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    The new 5th job skill announced in the KMS update coouldve been the skill Phantom's needed or the skill you want, but it's one of the worst skills ever made.