[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Event Idea

Cancer69Cancer69
Reactions: 1,000
edited July 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I would like to suggest adding Hyperdimension Neptunia as an event in Maplestory. I have only seen the anime, and love it. It was funny. I think it would be cute to add as a tiny event in the game. I can't give specific reasons why it should be added, but we'll figure it out.

kAWfHnw.png

hyperdimension-neptunia-victory1.jpg
  1. Do you think it would be fun to add?6 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (2 votes)
    2. No
       67% (4 votes)

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited July 2018
    1. You can't just make events like this. It's copy-written content and would require work to arrange a collaboration of some sort or get licensing for it.
    2. The series has relatively low sales numbers and a poor review for being a constant rehashing of the same gameplay and general story elements. The lack of a cult following that a mainstream anime has just adds to that. Because of this, there would be little incentive to run an event like this since Nexon is a much bigger company in comparison to Idea Factory.
    3. Combining point 1 and 2, there would be little to no fun content for an event like this considering most of the game series is softcore fanservice for people who enjoy the series and lacks depth. Nexon's all-age-friendly approach doesn't really lend itself to what is essentially softcore rule34 waiting to happen.

All in all, I don't think it would work out. A more profitable collab would be Boku no Hero Academia or Shokugeki no Soma, both of which have a ridiculously large fanbase.

Or bring back Beefy's kitchen.