[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

MVP rank / Philosopher's book modifications

ShironakuronaShironakurona
Reactions: 200
Dear Nexon it would be great if You could add higher probability of getting some rare items as frenzy totem, Fire starter ring and other items from philosopher's book or marvel machine. I mean some people spending, a lot of money just to get this items and it's very hard. And a lot of items from philosopher's book are useless like 140-150 lvl eq items, it would be better if You could add Cubes instead of that eq items. Even if mapler have bad luck and can't get frenzy or other rare items eventually could boost some of eq items using cubes and money won't be wasted on junks. I think MVP rank should increasing probability of getting better items and for some items as frenzy totem just once. What do You think maplers ? And Nexon Team :) ?

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    The point of having "rare" items is to make them difficult to get so it's more rewarding when you get them. >.>

Though, yes, think there was another thread about removing the lower/more common rewards like CRA/Empress and I'd agree.
  • Mugetsu4x5PLMugetsu4x5PL
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2018
    Well MVP rank as Gold or Diamond should add more benefits like better chance to get Frenzy or Fire starter ring just one time (this is what I think, Nexon should do something about it for fair game). I used around 300 philo books and got nothing good (just wasted money) so RNG based system is not good enough and equip prizes should really be exchanged for cubes or 2-3 x exp coupons and other better stuff than not needed equips 140-150 lvl.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    Improving the RNG on rare items invalidates the whole point of having rare items. Although, most would consider those items "game breaking" instead of rare. In any case, I do agree that removing those equips and replacing them with something a little better is a good idea.