[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Map Ownership

xXAkatsukiXxxXAkatsukiXx
Reactions: 640
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
The main problem is Kill Stealers and Fritto and Polo portals. The ks'ers can do whatever they want, inconveniencing another player and themselves for no good reason. Fritto and Polo portals are good enough, especially when events need them, that people actually use them. This causes their character to leave his current map. When they're done with the 20 seconds - 60 seconds minigame, someone is there and the claimed the map. The one who claimed the map while the other is in the minigame has all rights to do this, because how could they know?

This brings us back to the main problem. Polo and Fritto portals should not result in one losing their map. Fortunately, there is a very simple solution. Not to sound flippant or anything but Hello? Just add a command that shows map ownership. The first person to hit a mob gets recognized owner of the map for the next 2-3 minutes. Everytime he/she hits a mob, the timer refreshes. It's so simple, why not just add it. I swear to nexon that there are private servers out there which has this function. Instead of removing /find, add /mapownership (/ or @ idk).

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited October 2018
    Map ownership is not and should not be a real thing. Why? Because for one thing, people in crowded servers are ALL looking to play. Locking out one "ideal map" (sorry Nexon, min-maxing maps will always exist) for a person or group of persons is not going to be conducive to a healthy game environment.

Imagine someone "claiming" a map and then passing it on to the rest of their friends/guildies forever. With the span of time zones covered by the GMS player base it will be next to impossible to find a good map on a crowded server.

No one likes being KSed. No one likes being bullied off a map. And as far as manners go, it seems to have become the norm where 1 map = 1 person. But making maps "owned" is not the way to go about this. Bottom line: No one "owns" maps. Share the map, cc, hell KS them off the map. This kind of issue really doesn't need regulation and sounds really entitled.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I have never had an issue where someone wouldn't leave the map after coming out of a portal. Every time I've explained that I was in a bounty hunter portal, they were all understanding and left. Obviously that won't be the case for everyone, but you can try explaining yourself as a preliminary measure.