[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring back halloween totems

crimson24crimson24
Reactions: 815
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I became active again sometime after Halloween of last year and have been waiting since then to properly gear my characters with the only decent permanent totems in the game. It makes no sense that players are punished for making new characters, having periods of inactivity, or being new to the game. Same thing can be said about the wondroid event. In reboot there are no other decent alternatives to Halloween totems or wondroids yet the events only last for a few weeks a year. Make the wondriod event and Halloween totems permanent, as in stop taking them out of the game or just bring them back way more often.

Comments

• pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited October 2018
    Time limited events serve a purpose. To make sure players don't miss out on key events, their attention is on the game 24/7/365. Its a common tactic in the video game industry called FOMO (fear of missing out). It does punish players but in the eyes of a company, an active consumer is more valuable than a seasonal consumer. Therefore, I doubt nexon will make these types of rewards distributed outside of time limited events.

The thing about this particular event is that we know it returns around the halloween update. This is where seasonal players like yourself drop by for the goods. This is not the case, they have decided not to bring back this event for some reason. Its strange because the event itself is highly RNG and has been criticised as such, so the only fear players would have is not getting any dark totems, since they can just wait it out for next year.

Either nexon phased out these events (perhaps to clean up non-KMS content or to bolster the Marvel machine rewards which contain said totems) or they plan to re-introduce them later at a random time to maximize the FOMO-effect. In any case, the lack of communication about this whole episode is concerning.
    YinYangX
  • SteamedHamsSteamedHams
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2018
    i didnt get any sengoku totems cause i thought this event was coming soon but now im ruined
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited October 2018
    pepe wrote: »
    Time limited events serve a purpose. To make sure players don't miss out on key events, their attention is on the game 24/7/365. Its a common tactic in the video game industry called FOMO (fear of missing out). It does punish players but in the eyes of a company, an active consumer is more valuable than a seasonal consumer. Therefore, I doubt nexon will make these types of rewards distributed outside of time limited events.

The thing about this particular event is that we know it returns around the halloween update. This is where seasonal players like yourself drop by for the goods. This is not the case, they have decided not to bring back this event for some reason. Its strange because the event itself is highly RNG and has been criticised as such, so the only fear players would have is not getting any dark totems, since they can just wait it out for next year.

Either nexon phased out these events (perhaps to clean up non-KMS content or to bolster the Marvel machine rewards which contain said totems) or they plan to re-introduce them later at a random time to maximize the FOMO-effect. In any case, the lack of communication about this whole episode is concerning.

I am not a seasonal player, I have been playing this game for over 10 years. I took time off from playing and missed these events on my new characters. seasonal events that may or may not come back are fine but not when they give out essential items that you need to optimize your characters. What nexon is doing with totems and the wondroid event makes no sense and ruins the game for players making new characters or coming back from time away from the game. I am talking about these events from a reboot perspective.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2018
    Farming at yu garden for limited time totems is so sad. Perspective from a whole server (EU Reboot)
  • crimson24crimson24
    edited October 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Farming at yu garden for limited time totems is so sad. Perspective from a whole server (EU Reboot)

yeah, they are temporary and no where near as good as the Halloween totems. Nexon really needs to add an alternative if they aren't bringing back the halloween totems.