[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Wait what the fafnir set has a time limit?

Brad623Brad623
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in General Chat
What's the point of the time limit... Either give us the set or don't give them at all, the potential is all that matters for damage... Who's going to use cubes on equipment that expires >.>

Comments

• ValhallenValhallen
    Reactions: 660
    edited November 2018
    There's a time limit to open the box, not for the gear inside of it, the same goes for the Frozen set since forever.

Edit: Nevermind, we don't get nice things.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2018
    Where did you get your Fafnir set from?
  • TaggrinTaggrin
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Where did you get your Fafnir set from?

The burning event. This thread is referencing the "free" fafnir set we get from tera burning a character in the latest patch.

Yeah, it sucks that it isn't actually permanent. No point in trying to get % on a 30 day item. I was excited about the free fafnir set, now it just seems like a tease.
  • Brad623Brad623
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2018
    I thought I wouldn't have to beg for cra runs...

I'd rather have no star, rare potential if it means they're permanent.
  • IrashiyamasIrashiyamas
    Reactions: 100
    I am just disappointed with that.
  • IrashiyamasIrashiyamas
    Reactions: 100
    Funny, that they didn't noticed it in update preview. That is some ugly marketing... I wouldn't be first time tho.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited November 2018
    Well I noticed that back when it was first announced. It sounds really annoying. Not only do you have a time limit for making the character to level 200 (although this is quite generous), but you then have to hurry and grind for equipment to replace it before it expires.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited November 2018
    We would often get a permanent Frozen gear set during burning events in place of Fafnir gear.

However, Frozen weapons would now fail to meet the new Vth job requirements of a 10 Star weapon.

Giving away free permanent Fafnir sets is very risky should there be an exploit involving them. Likely why we were given time limited versions instead.

Is this still a solid compromise or is there another solution that could be considered come next burning event?
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited November 2018
    The event was geared towatd trying to get new players in. They are just giving out 30 day cra sets so new players can get adjusted into ms. New players should be able to get perm cra set easily within 30 days with this free temp cra sets.
    Fuhreak
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited November 2018
    We would often get a permanent Frozen gear set during burning events in place of Fafnir gear.

However, Frozen weapons would now fail to meet the new Vth job requirements of a 10 Star weapon.

Giving away free permanent Fafnir sets is very risky should there be an exploit involving them. Likely why we were given time limited versions instead.

Is this still a solid compromise or is there another solution that could be considered come next burning event?

Is the Fafnir equipment from this event tradeable at all? If not, they could just make it completely untradeable (no PSoK or anything). If they can be coded to expire, they can be coded to be completely untradeable.
    Reactions: 735
    edited November 2018
    Brad623 wrote: »
    I thought I wouldn't have to beg for cra runs...

I'd rather have no star, rare potential if it means they're permanent.

You wouldn't have to beg if you were in the right server ;/
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    Just like andy samberg said... I'm gonna throw it on the ground.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Geminia wrote: »

Is the Fafnir equipment from this event tradeable at all? If not, they could just make it completely untradeable (no PSoK or anything). If they can be coded to expire, they can be coded to be completely untradeable.

They give away free absolab weapons (you have to work for them, but still don't have to boss) so I really don't see a problem with giving away gimped CRA gear with locked stats.
    Experienced players can use the temp gear to get perma gear, so I think Nexon might have been going for that.
    The absolab weapons are also likely to only be grabbed by experienced or at least dedicated players.
    If it sounds too good to be true, they say.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited November 2018
    I neither like items with expire-time, but we have to admit the +17 abso weapon is so freaking OP to give us also a full CRA set in the same event period.

in 30 days you can progress well and get the permanent one (probably not the weapon)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Thinking about it for a few minutes there actually is huge potential to be abused.
    Since the set allows for CRA gear to be obtained on new accounts so easily, it could crash the market for CRA gear.
    Even with the precautions Nexon has already taken. (If that's why they did it.) We just might see more meso selling bots as a result of this.
    scholar624
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    Clean CRA gear is not that hard to get anyways. Not that expensive, except maybe the weapon. New players can join a decent guild/alliance and ask for carries. Most people strong enough are often willing to give CRA carries. 2-3 weeks should be enough to get you the faf weapon. The rest you can get in 1-2 weeks.
    Anybody who has a main strong enough to solo CRA likely has enough fragments saved up to equip multiple mules with full CRA sets.
    The time limit on this doesn't seem like a big deal to me. It's a stepping stone basically.