[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Arcane Umbra Essence price?

MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
Reactions: 1,000
edited January 2019 in General Chat
I might be interested in buying one now that it will be more likely to be seen after the update. How much would it be in bera?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    It depends. There's no other answer. There are three things it's dependent on: the amount of people who run the boss regularly, the actual rate at which arcane gear drops, and the amount of the dropped gear that turns out to actually be the essence.

The best answer I can give beyond that is to simply have no expectations of it costing any less than it currently does.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    edited January 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It depends. There's no other answer. There are three things it's dependent on: the amount of people who run the boss regularly, the actual rate at which arcane gear drops, and the amount of the dropped gear that turns out to actually be the essence.

The best answer I can give beyond that is to simply have no expectations of it costing any less than it currently does.

And it currently costs how much??
    I'm sure eventually there will be a chain of the price going lower and lower by idiots like it is now for other items

You put it up for 30b for example, then someone puts it for 29b, then 28b and so on..
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    Not sure how much it costs. All I've seen in the auction house is arcane weapons for classes that, in so many words, suck. Two-handed maces, two-handed axes, guns, pirate whip blades. All of them starting at like 25b.
    edited January 2019
    Not sure how much it costs. All I've seen in the auction house is arcane weapons for classes that, in so many words, suck. Two-handed maces, two-handed axes, guns, pirate whip blades. All of them starting at like 25b.

Ok i think the essence falls in the same idea as those. Its all about the claws, daggers, and wands am i right?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    No, plenty more people play a zero than whatever the hell uses two-handed axes maces and hammers. Considering the absolab essence is around 2-4b and that's fairly average for even the high-demand abso weapons(like claws daggers and wands, as you put it).
    edited January 2019
    No, plenty more people play a zero than whatever the hell uses two-handed axes maces and hammers. Considering the absolab essence is around 2-4b and that's fairly average for even the high-demand abso weapons(like claws daggers and wands, as you put it).

I have seen the abso essence for 1.5-2b at most. I don't see them as popular as the thieves and mages, perhaps its in the middle
  • xShaneyxShaney
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2019
    IF I were you, I would save the mesos and up my equipment to almost max hit and fight the boss myself and get the umbra essence rather than buying it from the black market for the highest price. Some I see in Scania is for 2 - 4b. I don't know in bera but might be similar since it is very high demanding...

My phantom equipment is almost all unique and legendary and is about near max [but a long way], I might be ready to fight lucid or any other boss that drop umbra gears. My tips? Mining Mysterious Legendary vein or Mysterious vein that drop cubes and cubes your equipment to unique or Legendary during the Double Miracle Time.
    edited January 2019
    xShaney wrote: »
    IF I were you, I would save the mesos and up my equipment to almost max hit and fight the boss myself and get the umbra essence rather than buying it from the black market for the highest price. Some I see in Scania is for 2 - 4b. I don't know in bera but might be similar since it is very high demanding...

My phantom equipment is almost all unique and legendary and is about near max [but a long way], I might be ready to fight lucid or any other boss that drop umbra gears. My tips? Mining Mysterious Legendary vein or Mysterious vein that drop cubes and cubes your equipment to unique or Legendary during the Double Miracle Time.

Thanks for your input, but i don't see myself killing lucid or will anytime at all
    I also have the mesos already and don't have anything to spend it on so why not on the umbra essence

Also want to point out the master/meister cubes don't work during miracle time but yes i do get cubes from time to time and rank up my equips
    xShaney
  • xShaneyxShaney
    Reactions: 300
    edited January 2019
    xShaney wrote: »

Thanks for your input, but i don't see myself killing lucid or will anytime at all
    I also have the mesos already and don't have anything to spend it on so why not on the umbra essence

Also want to point out the master/meister cubes don't work during miracle time but yes i do get cubes from time to time and rank up my equips

Understandable...

it took me 2 days to cubes my gears to unique/legendary tier lol. I don't have problem grinding for master/meister cubes and getting it to unique and legendary. True it don't work during DMT, But worth a shot.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited January 2019
    I believe it's been confirmed in the past that non-cash shop cubes are not affected by miracle time. I can't give you a source to back this up, unfortunately, because it was posted on the old forums which, while they still exist, have no public-facing access point.