[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Nodes and Drop Rate

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2019 in General Chat
I've recently come back to the game after a little over a year.
Did I miss something with node drop rates or drop rate in general?
I haven't seen a single nodestone drop since I've come back. Are you supposed to get them through a quest or something now?
I have a couple items with drop rate on them and a big spider familiar, but I just haven't been able to get a single drop after hours and hours of playing.

Comments

• ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited May 2019
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    I've recently come back to the game after a little over a year.
    Did I miss something with node drop rates or drop rate in general?
    I haven't seen a single nodestone drop since I've come back. Are you supposed to get them through a quest or something now?
    I have a couple items with drop rate on them and a big spider familiar, but I just haven't been able to get a single drop after hours and hours of playing.

Yes. In VJ area, the nodestone drop rate was reduced by 20% because... why not? People are already having hard time with nodestone, so might as well make it harder I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you're in different area, I don't know what to tell ya. Drop rate for nodestones have always been crap, regardless of how many drop gears you have.
    They have added weekly quest in VJ area, where if you do VJ daily quest twice, they give u 3 nodestones
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Yes. In VJ area, the nodestone drop rate was reduced by 20% because... why not? People are already having hard time with nodestone, so might as well make it harder I guess ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    If you're in different area, I don't know what to tell ya. Drop rate for nodestones have always been crap, regardless of how many drop gears you have.
    They have added weekly quest in VJ area, where if you do VJ daily quest twice, they give u 3 nodestones

Could be remembering wrong, but I think the nodestone drop rate only affected the lower Arcane maps, like VJ and Chu Chu.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    I'm unsure about chuchu, but I know for a fact they kneecapped the hell out of vanishing journey, solely to force you to move on ASAP. Insult to injury, that may've come with the same "tune up"(I hope this comes across as absolutely saturated in sarcasm because it is) update that kneecapped nodestone drop rates and boss entries. Because some jerk-ass over in S. Korea thought players were progressing too quickly. And what better way to rectify that problem than to completely short-stick people who hadn't even gotten there yet?