[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dual Blade

ArrorArror
Reactions: 1,170
edited September 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So
i main DB for years i really love this job he has so many positive sides but since i came back few months ago to ms
it feels like funding DB got harder than it was
if i'll be more specific DB used to be TOP thief easy and now he feels at the bottom
Now i guess it happened since avoidability is no long a stat
now it used to be really good for DB but now its gone
the thing is DB has 2 abilities that give him avoidability
Side step gives 15% avoid (this is all the skill does)
which means i have a skill thats actually sit there and does nothing helpful.
And mirrored target which gives DB extra 25% avoidability which is total of 40% avoidability that instead of that can give DB something else that can balance him
and give him some kick back to being an actual top thief like it used to be
im not asking to over buff db make him OP
but why would i gain stat that doesn't exist anymore
and not get some buff that actually can balance the job i love playing so much
your opinions please
ty for your time

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Db got buffed a lot in the recent patches,like constant buff patch after patch,maybe ur gear is outdated? Or needs more improvement?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    The class feels fine to me, sitting at 230 on mine. And avoidability is only gone as a displayed value in your stats window, which was about as useful as the hands line that did conceivably nothing. The chance to avoid damage that you gain from passives is still there, play a night lord once in a while and you'll see the wooden dummy effect from the 4th job passive when you avoid an attack. They didn't just up and decide "okay no more avoiding damage, you're all gonna take your lumps like a man".

My opinion falls similarly to darik's: your gear is either outdated or otherwise has fairly significant room for improvement. "Feeling weak" is not a valid reason, as far as I'm concerned, to completely overhaul a class.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited September 2019
    Also consider that old db was incredibly overpowered, they could barely get touched by any boss, i could stand on zakum, which by that time either 1 or 2 shotted and stay 10mins pressing a skill until i killed it, that was way too good, so they reworked how avoidability worked, dbs still have high survivavility in general but they arent as op as before.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    They're also the only explorer thief(or maybe any thief?) to have a drain skill; a passive that restores a percentage of health at a low chance per hit. Survivability is absolutely not an issue, especially combined with advanced dark sight(though this passive annoys the hell out of me a lot more often than I find it helping)

Basically, the class is still in a very good place; they're simply not as effortlessly strong as they may've been some ten years ago.
    darik
  • ArrorArror
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The class feels fine to me, sitting at 230 on mine. And avoidability is only gone as a displayed value in your stats window, which was about as useful as the hands line that did conceivably nothing. The chance to avoid damage that you gain from passives is still there, play a night lord once in a while and you'll see the wooden dummy effect from the 4th job passive when you avoid an attack. They didn't just up and decide "okay no more avoiding damage, you're all gonna take your lumps like a man".

My opinion falls similarly to darik's: your gear is either outdated or otherwise has fairly significant room for improvement. "Feeling weak" is not a valid reason, as far as I'm concerned, to completely overhaul a class.

im level 244 DB
    45k luk clean
    the dmg doesn't feels like its paying off
  • ArrorArror
    edited September 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Db got buffed a lot in the recent patches,like constant buff patch after patch,maybe ur gear is outdated? Or needs more improvement?

im level 244 DB
    45k luk clean
    the dmg doesn't feels like its paying off
  • ArrorArror
    edited September 2019
    darik wrote: »
    Also consider that old db was incredibly overpowered, they could barely get touched by any boss, i could stand on zakum, which by that time either 1 or 2 shotted and stay 10mins pressing a skill until i killed it, that was way too good, so they reworked how avoidability worked, dbs still have high survivavility in general but they arent as op as before.

i didn't say overbuff them or bring it back
    But the dmg doesn't feel like paying off
    with 45k luk i should feel like im doing something