[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

lol, removing amoria quests

choozchooz
Reactions: 1,480
Posts: 197
Member, Private Tester
edited September 29 in General Chat
nobody was doing them because they were goddamn broken. owned. Maybe you should've thought of why people weren't doing amoria quests first. It wasn't for lack of trying

Comments

  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,480
    Posts: 197
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 29
    is this gonna be like the other quests that were broken and nothing was done
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 1,935
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited September 29
    last memo they dont understand themself
    but its there for the sake we do something dosnt matter what
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,870
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited September 29
    I'm not surprised. Rather than fixing the quests or advertising them more they instead decided to remove them altogether like everything else that causes them problems. Who knows if they'll come back anytime at all.
    WONDERGUY
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 1,900
    Posts: 334
    Member
    edited September 30
    Its complaining for the sake of complaining, bare in mind fixing it takes time and money so u have to consoder , is it worth fixing it? Would a lot of people do them if they were fixed? Can people progress without them? Since they are removing them, they answer to all those is no, all games have irrelevant content that only does 1% of the community or so , in the end , its normal that u delete old content that no one does if by doing thid the overal game experience improves
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 1,935
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited September 30
    darik wrote: »
    Its complaining for the sake of complaining, bare in mind fixing it takes time and money so u have to consoder , is it worth fixing it? Would a lot of people do them if they were fixed? Can people progress without them? Since they are removing them, they answer to all those is no, all games have irrelevant content that only does 1% of the community or so , in the end , its normal that u delete old content that no one does if by doing thid the overal game experience improves

    so they are going to remove GMS next ?,not being able to do content because of bug dosnt mean its irrelevant and needs to be removed....

    players:
    cwk its reported for few years
    amoira was reported for few years
    .....
    nexon:
    "we are looking in to it "
    DMT soon
    marvel next

    sure i agree if the thing worked and nonone show interest remove/remake,
    time and money you say....
    if they showed some work other then marvel/philo/dmt in last 4 years we would have alot things working by now
    nothing from the weekly fameous we updated security
    now they are banning chars to show high numbers?
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 3,685
    Posts: 490
    Member
    edited October 1
    darik wrote: »
    Its complaining for the sake of complaining, bare in mind fixing it takes time and money so u have to consoder , is it worth fixing it? Would a lot of people do them if they were fixed? Can people progress without them? Since they are removing them, they answer to all those is no, all games have irrelevant content that only does 1% of the community or so , in the end , its normal that u delete old content that no one does if by doing thid the overal game experience improves

    The problem is that it sets a terrible precedent, following into the "let's not bother fixing a bug, let's just remove it" habit. Their reasoning was harebrained, and just because you personally don't use it doesn't mean other people don't.

    Plus in 99% of cases, Nexon doesn't actually delete quests, they simply block / disable them, meaning they just lie around in the data collecting dust while not improving any gameplay experience to have them disabled. Maybe this will be that 1%, but until then we'll have to see.
    WONDERGUYHuskyDM
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,035
    Posts: 2,841
    Member
    edited October 1
    Honestly the complaints about armoria quests being removed feel awfully similar to the people in the US who heard about toys-r-us closing down and thought "oh no, I can't believe they're closing!". If you asked any of them, very few would be able to tell you the last time they actually set foot into one of the stores.
    darik
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 4,811
    Posts: 646
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 1
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Honestly the complaints about armoria quests being removed feel awfully similar to the people in the US who heard about toys-r-us closing down and thought "oh no, I can't believe they're closing!". If you asked any of them, very few would be able to tell you the last time they actually set foot into one of the stores.

    Sure the area and quests are old and not included in achievements and whatnot, but Amoria still has merits (hair/face styles, Beauty or Beast quest, the NPC that sells dresses and suits, really nice map details) and it's not like it's hacker infested, which was their dumb official reason for removing Singapore, but at least that part was true.

    Besides, it's kinda hard not to complain when you put effort in trying to get them to restore access to Amoria and APQ ever since it was arbitrarily closed off after the reset on December 31st 2016 when it became unavailable via NPC. Nexon never made any claims that it was intentional, and it was forwarded as a bug several times.
    The subway to NLC was also unavailable for some time when they introduced Kerning tower, which overwrote the NPC options. That has since been restored, but as a direct teleport and not a subway ride.
    And APQ portal was eventually, at last, added to the new wedding village, including the purple plains maps which are a part of Amoria and its quests.

    The reason they gave that the content wasn't being used just further proves that Nexon doesn't listen at all to the community.
    And personally, if I'm being dramatic, it's a bit of a slap to the face since myself and others have been consistently vocal about the content being bugged and the fact that they have half-assedly fixed the quests over the past few months but not restored access to the quests they've been fixing.
    It's just all so very stupid.
    HuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 1,935
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited October 1
    well they most likely wont remove them ( just disable the maps and make npc invisible)
    NLC and cwk same faith maybe soon
    which is all pointless but good way not to fix bug and move on
    or maybe server will be less stress with all the buged data get "removed"

    the one that draw/make animation from game files can see whats removed and whats still there
    and i heard there is bunch of old content that still there but not visible
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,870
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 1
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Honestly the complaints about armoria quests being removed feel awfully similar to the people in the US who heard about toys-r-us closing down and thought "oh no, I can't believe they're closing!". If you asked any of them, very few would be able to tell you the last time they actually set foot into one of the stores.

    I care little about Amoria. However this is yet another piece of content that rather than try to get fixed/updated it just got shutdown instead like CWPK, Tera Forest, Hekaton, Florina Beach, Singapore, Haunted Mansion, Azwan, etc. Yes Amoria is not a big loss but then what are they going to shut down? Malaysia? NLC? They did the same with Singapore because rather than trying to fix their mistakes they just block and be done. Just because they fail to make the content enticing or fail to actually fix the bugs or deal with the bots doesn't mean the content should be removed altogether.

    Why should I care for old content if its going to be removed? Then they'll review their data, see that people aren't playing and just remove it, because they themselves made it not fun to play.
  • Skyfall1989Skyfall1989
    Reactions: 1,025
    Posts: 55
    Member
    edited October 2
    I think I did that quests, the mobs don't drop needed items. There is also one quest as l remember that doesn't drop the quest items, it is sad that GMS is not looking to these issues even after them being reported several times.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,345
    Posts: 118
    Member
    edited October 2
    I never even heard of Amoria until now. It's not like I've done every single questline this game has to offer, but I thought I was quite thorough with checking places out on my first character.
    So what's next, Afterlands? Rather have them fix the bugs in that place than remove it. My main still has a door key in inventory that i can't use or drop, which is the only reason i don't play it on mules. Love the story and maps otherwise.
    HuskyDM
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 1,935
    Posts: 252
    Member
    edited October 2
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    I never even heard of Amoria until now. It's not like I've done every single questline this game has to offer, but I thought I was quite thorough with checking places out on my first character.
    So what's next, Afterlands? Rather have them fix the bugs in that place than remove it. My main still has a door key in inventory that i can't use or drop, which is the only reason i don't play it on mules. Love the story and maps otherwise.

    it was buged for years and nexon didnt care to fix it
    they instead "made" ctrl c ctrl v few smaller map for weddings just so they can get last few $$ from it if someone care
    they also removed the couple effects and poorly refunded the one that had em from EMS or old GMS
    later they saw nice $ and added few effects back

    next its NLC i guess and CWK that no one wants it
    why would they fix the subway when thats the case?
    am sure they carefully monitor content that not being used & wanted

    community forgots things get changed game moves on
    so when is marvel comeing back?
    i wonder if frenzy come back or new series of broken best in slot $$items$$