[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.

[REBOOT] Gollux Restock

HastagaHastaga
Reactions: 470
Posts: 17
Member
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm probably not the first person to request this, but REBOOT should have Gollux restock weekly or monthly. It makes no sense it is limited to 1 and if you so happen to lose the gear you are screwed. Enough people voiced their opinion about Dark Totem Event being so short, and look they heard us! So if enough of us bring attention about this, things can change.
darik

Comments

  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,440
    Posts: 914
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I'm probably not the first person to request this, but REBOOT should have Gollux restock weekly or monthly. It makes no sense it is limited to 1 and if you so happen to lose the gear you are screwed. Enough people voiced their opinion about Dark Totem Event being so short, and look they heard us! So if enough of us bring attention about this, things can change.

    Non-Reboot should get this too. We are also stuck with a purchase limit of one for accessories. I understand we have auction house, but it would be better if each player had the option of getting one without having to make a new character one buy one.
    darik
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    And not only Gollux items, most items in the coin shop are stock limited, makes it hard to get rid of Gollux Pennies.
    darik
  • HastagaHastaga
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited October 2019
    I have to
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I'm probably not the first person to request this, but REBOOT should have Gollux restock weekly or monthly. It makes no sense it is limited to 1 and if you so happen to lose the gear you are screwed. Enough people voiced their opinion about Dark Totem Event being so short, and look they heard us! So if enough of us bring attention about this, things can change.

    Non-Reboot should get this too. We are also stuck with a purchase limit of one for accessories. I understand we have auction house, but it would be better if each player had the option of getting one without having to make a new character one buy one.

    I have to disagree with you, regular u still have hope with trading and auction house, REBOOT is totally screwed. But I get where you are comming from.
    WONDERGUYdarik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you, regular u still have hope with trading and auction house, REBOOT is totally screwed. But I get where you are comming from.

    Sounds like you don't really disagree then.
    Reboot needs it more, sure, but if you're going to fix one server, why not fix them both?
    There's no point in making this a Reboot only issue. Don't hurt your own cause by trying to split the issue.
    HuskyDMdarik
  • HastagaHastaga
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I have to disagree with you, regular u still have hope with trading and auction house, REBOOT is totally screwed. But I get where you are comming from.

    Sounds like you don't really disagree then.
    Reboot needs it more, sure, but if you're going to fix one server, why not fix them both?
    There's no point in making this a Reboot only issue. Don't hurt your own cause by trying to split the issue.

    You can see the title says REBOOT. REBOOT is separated for a number of reasons, one of those reasons are that regular servers have economy(trading/auction house) and adding restock to your server is a bigger decision, because it will impact the economy of regular servers. People on your server actually grind Gollux on mules/alts to make money.
    WONDERGUY
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 1,118
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    You can see the title says REBOOT. REBOOT is separated for a number of reasons, one of those reasons are that regular servers have economy(trading/auction house) and adding restock to your server is a bigger decision, because it will impact the economy of regular servers. People on your server actually grind Gollux on mules/alts to make money.

    I play reboot too and all you're doing is putting down your own suggestion by trying to make this a reboot only issue.
    Why would you try to lock out half of the support you're going to get for this issue? Stop that.
  • HastagaHastaga
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited October 2019
    YES Reboot needs it more, and it's easier to fix, because there is no economy that bots/exploiters can abuse, that regular servers have. YES regular servers also need a Gollux restock, but there is a risk that would effect the economy negatively. The decision for restock in regular, takes more thinking and alternative solutions because of economy. I guess I shouldn't of replied with "I disagree with you" from the earlier post, if that clears things up.
    FuhreakKuronekonovaWONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    The only way a regularly-occurring gollux shop restock would affect the economy of non-reboot servers is making it so that rings and earrings don't cost literally billions of mesos for anything better than solid. I see no downsides to having the shop restock on all servers, unless someone thinks the same way as that idiot who cried for gollux to be made harder when 5th jobs were released because he didn't want the power creep(free stats and skill damage from symbols and nodes, respectively) to negatively impact the money he made from running hellux.
    Kuronekonova
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 755
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I'm probably not the first person to request this, but REBOOT should have Gollux restock weekly or monthly. It makes no sense it is limited to 1 and if you so happen to lose the gear you are screwed. Enough people voiced their opinion about Dark Totem Event being so short, and look they heard us! So if enough of us bring attention about this, things can change.

    Non-Reboot should get this too. We are also stuck with a purchase limit of one for accessories. I understand we have auction house, but it would be better if each player had the option of getting one without having to make a new character one buy one.

    no thanks. it would make gollux accessories more worthless, which means making mesos will become harder.
    WONDERGUY
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    YES Reboot needs it more, and it's easier to fix, because there is no economy that bots/exploiters can abuse, that regular servers have. YES regular servers also need a Gollux restock, but there is a risk that would effect the economy negatively. The decision for restock in regular, takes more thinking and alternative solutions because of economy. I guess I shouldn't of replied with "I disagree with you" from the earlier post, if that clears things up.

    Non Reboot worlds have economy yes, but the Gollux rings go upwards to 5b+ mesos making it impossible for anyone normal to recover from a Boom'd ring, which I assume is the main reason why you would want restock. So even when we have trading going it still not as easily available as you might think. Mules can trade the rings too but it takes you a 130+ character and several days worth of grinding only to make that character useless for muling (easily) as Gollux items are seriously meta right now. Both world types would benefit from it.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I'm probably not the first person to request this, but REBOOT should have Gollux restock weekly or monthly. It makes no sense it is limited to 1 and if you so happen to lose the gear you are screwed. Enough people voiced their opinion about Dark Totem Event being so short, and look they heard us! So if enough of us bring attention about this, things can change.

    Non-Reboot should get this too. We are also stuck with a purchase limit of one for accessories. I understand we have auction house, but it would be better if each player had the option of getting one without having to make a new character one buy one.

    no thanks. it would make gollux accessories more worthless, which means making mesos will become harder.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    The only way a regularly-occurring gollux shop restock would affect the economy of non-reboot servers is making it so that rings and earrings don't cost literally billions of mesos for anything better than solid. I see no downsides to having the shop restock on all servers, unless someone thinks the same way as that idiot who cried for gollux to be made harder when 5th jobs were released because he didn't want the power creep(free stats and skill damage from symbols and nodes, respectively) to negatively impact the money he made from running hellux.

    Speak of the devil and he shall appear...
    BeefMiraFuhreak
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 1,660
    Posts: 146
    Member
    edited October 2019
    It would crash the pricing a little bit early on but remember that Regular server also buy scrolls so eventually you will run out of coins even with GOLLUX MULES. Coins will be the limitation and it will self regulate.
    HuskyDM
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 2,760
    Posts: 439
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    If the shop were to restock, I would imagine that something around a once per month restock limit would be fair considering how powerful these items are. I don't think a daily or even weekly restock would be appropriate.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    If the shop were to restock, I would imagine that something around a once per month restock limit would be fair considering how powerful these items are. I don't think a daily or even weekly restock would be appropriate.

    Even monthly seems a little generous. Quarterly might be a more acceptable(for nexon anyway) route to go. Restock in January, April, July, October and so on.
  • HastagaHastaga
    Reactions: 470
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Hastaga wrote: »
    YES Reboot needs it more, and it's easier to fix, because there is no economy that bots/exploiters can abuse, that regular servers have. YES regular servers also need a Gollux restock, but there is a risk that would effect the economy negatively. The decision for restock in regular, takes more thinking and alternative solutions because of economy. I guess I shouldn't of replied with "I disagree with you" from the earlier post, if that clears things up.

    Non Reboot worlds have economy yes, but the Gollux rings go upwards to 5b+ mesos making it impossible for anyone normal to recover from a Boom'd ring, which I assume is the main reason why you would want restock. So even when we have trading going it still not as easily available as you might think. Mules can trade the rings too but it takes you a 130+ character and several days worth of grinding only to make that character useless for muling (easily) as Gollux items are seriously meta right now. Both world types would benefit from it.

    I don't need to repeat myself, you still have a chance to obtain the boomed item. In Reboot you are doomed. I myself have not attempted to go past 12 stars on my superior. One of the main reasons why is because I have no back up plan, and safeguarding is expensive and that money can for now be used elsewhere for now.

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 17,120
    Posts: 3,143
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I don't need to repeat myself, you still have a chance to obtain the boomed item. In Reboot you are doomed. I myself have not attempted to go past 12 stars on my superior. One of the main reasons why is because I have no back up plan, and safeguarding is expensive and that money can for now be used elsewhere for now.

    You're missing the point still. You insist on framing this as a reboot-only issue, constantly citing "well you can buy a new one if you blow it up" while failing to realize that superior rings and earrings are around 2-3b for a clean one. That's far out of the price range of a lot of people. It doesn't matter that the option is there if it's outside the realm of possibilities for the majority of players.

    You cite safeguard costs being too much as a reason for staying at 12 stars, which means I can turn your argument right back around on you. Just use safeguard. It's not like you can't go and farm back the mesos you spend.

    If you want this to have a better chance of succeeding, you need to frame it as something that can benefit everyone, not just one server.
    FuhreakBeef
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 2,915
    Posts: 289
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Hastaga wrote: »
    I don't need to repeat myself, you still have a chance to obtain the boomed item. In Reboot you are doomed. I myself have not attempted to go past 12 stars on my superior. One of the main reasons why is because I have no back up plan, and safeguarding is expensive and that money can for now be used elsewhere for now.

    Just because you can in the normal server doesn't mean its viable. Like Aggraphine said the price range is way too much for a normal person, the amount of time and resources invested on a mule just to get one ring back, which can boom again, is egregious, and you lose on that mule since making them viable for boss farming without Gollux items is not efficient. The idea is good but it should be for both Reboot and non-Reboot.
    Fuhreak
  • OverAchieverOverAchiever
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree on this as well, I personally don't know if Nexon has made any public stance on why or how this is not a thing yet, at least I haven't been able to find anything. I feel like every time this topic gets brought up, they completely ignore it and push this aside as it's not an issue. If this were to be something implemented on normal servers, I can see this completely decimate the market for those items, making them not worthless but extremely cheap. However, in a way, I feel like Gollux is at a point where it should also be in the same boat as Chaos Root Abyss.

    I'm pretty certain TMS was the first server to have Gollux, which makes sense why they don't easy replacements there since they can protect on SF up until 24*'s or something along those lines. However, this is not the case in GMS on any server, only difference is people on regular servers who have enough money can just buy replacements, reboot itself is pretty much capped or YOLO it and hope for the best.

    On another note, why not also make it so PNO pres are repeatable so people can obtain another Ring, Belt and/or Shoulder when completing all 3 again?
    darik