[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Several Ideas to Reduce Stress On The Servers

sleepyguardsleepyguard
Reactions: 665
edited January 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Okay, the servers are over stressed. We all know it, and we know you won't pour money into fixing the problem, Nexon. I think most players have made peace with that, despite what they say. However, there are several options and things you could change to reduce the server stress that wouldn't even be particularly difficult to implement. Here's a few off the top of my head:

1. Make participation in world events like the "World Records" optional, ESPECIALLY the notifications. Give the players the ability to turn off the obnoxious notifications about someone breaking a record. Most people don't really care, and the notification does nothing but cause extra server lag.

2. Instead of having 2x Exp events at certain times, give players a Buff item for the allotted amount of time that stacks with other buffs. Let the players decide when they want to grind instead of forcing them to come on and deal with 4x Lag for 2x Exp. It would simplify SO MANY problems.

3. Give players the option to turn off Smega/World Chat. This might be slightly controversial, but the constant messages probably aren't doing your server strain any favors, and most players ignore them anyway, especially if they're training/grinding/bossing/etc.

4. Revamp or remove your Nexon Game Security. It obviously isn't working- most people know that it isn't really stopping hackers, and is actually punishing legitimate players. People who have done nothing are forcefully DCed by it constantly. It needs a change.

5. Add more channels to, or create a second Reboot Server. Reboot currently has one of, if not the heaviest server populations in Maple, and is obviously over stressed, it was a great idea for a server, and needs to be expanded.
  1. Sound Like A Good Idea?14 votes
    1. Yes
       64% (9 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Mostly
       36% (5 votes)

Comments

• sleepyguardsleepyguard
    Reactions: 665
    edited January 2017
    DeeMon
    DeeMon said:

Discontinue 2x events, dood. Too many people play during the weekend anyways, it does nothing but make it worse. Have 2x during the week then.
    And they should stop being so damn lazy and actually ban hackers and botters instead of making them pass level 200...
    And they should've hosted those bingo and XO quiz events on any other channel besides channel 1. Like wow, dood.
    Read the second item. Giving out an item instead of canceling it all together would be a better choice, no one would be able to complain that they need the extra Exp.

• StéphyStéphy
    Reactions: 1,440
    edited January 2017
    I agree with all points mentioned and here is my opinion about it aswell:
    1> i myself find it really annoying to see all the time some bigass bubble about it, 1 it laggs and 2 i don't care at all.
    2> yes please - saves us players and nexon alot of complains and pain in the ***
    3 > i would love to see it, as it laggs insane, but nexon probably won't add it as people pay money so that everyone would see it.
    4> yep speaking about myself i get the hackmessage every 3-5min which pisses me off.
    5> not really much of an opinion on as i don't play or have knowledge of this server.
  • ShakaAlekShakaAlek
    Reactions: 970
    edited January 2017
    Agree with everything! (and waiting for european reboot, latency on the american one is too annoying to play there)