[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game crashes at second launching

jumanjijumanji
Reactions: 300
edited February 2017 in Tech Support
The bug type is the game crashing.

The game crashes when I launch it for the second time (without rebooting my computer).

I cannot launch the game two times in a row without rebooting my computer. Sometimes it crashes right after a computer reboot, sometimes the second launching works, but most of the time it's 1 launching > 1 reboot.
The moment it crashes is when I get to chose the region to play in.

My main character is Talatune, soul buster lv 207. I play on Luna EMS and occasionnaly on Broa (the bug happens the same way with Norh America region).

This bug began in the middle of january 2017.

Last time it happened was 9:15pm CET.

It is really annoying because "usual" crashes (lags or connexion loss) happen to me pretty often. It is ok because launching MS lasts 1min but rebooting my comp lasts 5 which makes it really discouraging.

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited February 2017
    What i noticed about it is, that when the cpu usage isnt level to the memory usage in task manager, the game tends to crash. The files execute differently now and when the game is launching everything is sorting out, open up task manager before clicking a region and wait til the memory and cpu are about the same. It means the server is stable and the game has loaded properly, when you click too soon, it causes the crash. At least it's what ive noticed in my case.
  • jumanjijumanji
    Reactions: 300
    edited February 2017
    Thanks a lot.
    So I tried what you suggested. I launched MS a first time with task manager opened, and CPU and memory were equal (around 40%). The second time I opened it, memory were still at 40% but CPU was more around 50%, with perks at 60%. I waited 20s and it fell at 10%. This is when I clicked on my region and it didn't crash. This is a first successful try, time will confirm that your technic works.
    Thanks again and have a good mapleing!