[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Using extendend inventory causes frame rate drops

SlicedTimeSlicedTime
Reactions: 1,720
edited February 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Inventory, technical

Brief bug summary:
Viewing inventory in extended mode (8x16 slots) causes noticable frame rate drops (especially while browsing) without noticably affecting GPU usage. In my experience the frame rate drop can be up to 60%. I also noticed a CPU usage increase of about 7 percentage points.

More details:
NVidia GeForce Experience's framerate monitor was used for getting the numbers on the framerate. Add Gadgets GPU Meter Version 2.4 was used for GPU usage monitoring. Primarily a 75Hz monitor was used, but 60Hz monitor was tested as well. RAM usage does not seem to be affected. Windows 10's Task Manager was used for CPU and RAM usage monitoring.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Go to inventory
2. Check the framerate while browsing the inventory in normal mode
3. Click the right-pointing grey arrow to view the inventory in extended mode
4. Check the framerate while browsing the inventory in extended mode

Character name:
SlicedTime

Character level:

Character job:
Phantom

World name:
Luna

Date and time of the incident:
18:15 EET

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    For me this only happens with the Use tab, and only on some characters.
    I would suspect it has to do with a certain item in inventory, but scrolling through the Use tab (in non-extended form) doesn't cause the lag, so it can't be an issue with displaying a specific item.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    edited May 2017
    This issue still presists. As AKradian stated, it seems to mainly affect use tab of the inventory. Here's a picture of my use-tab's contents in case of if it's of use: ST7eixh.jpg
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    AlexF wrote: »
    I only have this issue in the Cash tab when it's full of items with expiry dates on them.

I believe I had guardian scrolls, above 40-50 of them when it happened.

Interesting.
    The Use tab is most likely to contain expiring items, what with Nexon's fondness for expiring event rewards, 2x coupons, cubes from bosses, etc.

Note, however, that the issue predates the addition of the clock icon to expiring items. (I know you didn't say the clock was at fault, I just want to make sure the devs don't chase that particular red herring).
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    edited May 2017
    Interesting. Sounds like it's worth investigating wether the lag is caused by expiring items.